Want To Buy KNOB for a 696 Garmin GPS

Scott@KTYR

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Scott@KTYR
I need a control knob for my Garmin 696 GPS.

I called Garmin and they sell a bag of 10 for 25.00.(Part#430-00035-10) No Singles.

Does anyone know where I can find a single knob at a reasonable price?

I have called Sportys, AircraftSpruce, and two avionics shops with no luck.

Is the knob split, or lost? Suitable adhesive + small black cable tie tightened around the outside, go fly.

Is the knob split, or lost? Suitable adhesive + small black cable tie tightened around the outside, go fly.
It is split in multiple places. The plastic/rubber is falling apart so hard to glue together.

I Wish Radio Shack was still around!!!

Anyone purchase the pack and want to sell me one?

Measure the knob and the dia. of the shaft and just order one from one of several sources!

I need a control knob for my Garmin 696 GPS.

I called Garmin and they sell a bag of 10 for 25.00.(Part#430-00035-10) No Singles.

Does anyone know where I can find a single knob at a reasonable price?

I have called Sportys, AircraftSpruce, and two avionics shops with no luck.
Now I need one of those knobs. Is there any chance someone has some extra's before I buy 10 times as many as I need?
If I do buy a bag, does anyone else still need one?

You guys Crack me up...

The checkbook is wide open for..

Avionics $30k, check.
Airplane $60k, check.
Hangar $400/month, check.
Insurance $2k, check.

But the buck stops at the twenty dollar part.

Hey, that's what duct tape is for!!

If anyone else has this issue, I called Garmin and got one sent to me for free. Here's the details they sent below. I believe the bottom is the part number, middle is name/metadata, and top is the part category.

Knob Assy
Joystick,v2,GDU10XX
430-00035-10

If anyone else has this issue, I called Garmin and got one sent to me for free. Here's the details they sent below. I believe the bottom is the part number, middle is name/metadata, and top is the part category.

Knob Assy
Joystick,v2,GDU10XX
430-00035-10
Thanks,
But this is the reply I received from Garmin. (I emailed them after spending over 30 minutes on hold).

Hi John,

It looks like it is not listed on our website but I can send you a checkout link to purchase one for $30. This will include free shipping.

Let me know if you are interested and if so, are you in the United States?

Best Regards,

Brian
Garmin Aviation Support

Interesting. Maybe going for a call would be better? They did quote me $30, then said that they'd just give me a discount for $30 and it'll ship for free.

Interesting. Maybe going for a call would be better? They did quote me $30, then said that they'd just give me a discount for $30 and it'll ship for free.
I'll try calling them again when I can spare 30 minutes or so. Perhaps Monday is a bad day to call.

Back