Aviation Sayings

Run-Around

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Run-Around
Do we have a running list of aviation sayings here? Apologies if such a thread already exists but I couldn't find one, so I'm taking the liberty. Here's one:

"When I was a kid, I figured it was magic. When I learned to fly, I thought it was physics. But when I bought an airplane, I realized that it's been money all along."

The three most useless things to a pilot:
The runway behind them,
The atmosphere above them,
And the empty space in their fuel tanks...

If a pilot named Bryan wants to demonstrate how he dumps fuel from a Cirrus, don't be surprised if he takes a swig of the blue fluid.

The loud "OW!! WTF??!!" you hear after someone uses ATITPPA is from the instructor slapping the student on the back of the heard.

My favorite is from Curtis Pitts!

"There is no such thing as a squirrley airplane but I have seen lots of Squirrley pilots"

"I've spent half of everything I've ever earned on aviation. The rest was just wasted."

"After an engine failure in an Apache, the second engine isn't capable of taking you to the scene of the accident. You have to push it there yourself."

If you are considering purchasing a Beech Sundowner, add to your pre buy inspection checklist, "check trailing edges for bird strikes"

ROFL, I’ve just recovered... almost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

"I'd rather be on the ground wishing I was up there than up there wishing I was on the ground."

"Flying is 99% boredom and 1% sheer terror."

If you want to get there, don't fly. More time yet? go by jet..

"That was close"

"And, if you sign up today, you'll receive an additional 15,000 miles. Just return your completed credit card application to one of our friendly flight attendants."

MAN, do I hate having to listen to that on every commercial flight. Main reason I became a private pilot. ;)

"I kinda sure we have enough gas."
"Weather is always clear this time of year."
"Hold my beer and watch this."

"And, if you sign up today, you'll receive an additional 15,000 miles. Just return your completed credit card application to one of our friendly flight attendants."

MAN, do I hate having to listen to that on every commercial flight. Main reason I became a private pilot. ;)
I dont think I've ever heard it on southwest. At least the worst airline in the country does 1 thing correctly by not making me hear a sales pitch.

The only thing that matters is the fuel behind you, the runway above you and the sky down on the ground.
There are no young old pilots for once you have tasted the boldness of flight you will forever rather be down there wishing you were up here.
He died painfully right after he had been doing what he loved.
Fly as far into the landing as possible.

I dont think I've ever heard it on southwest. At least the worst airline in the country does 1 thing correctly by not making me hear a sales pitch.

Southwest is my favorite airline. The boarding process is great. Their attendants always seem to be happy. And they seem to deliver me to my destination on time more frequently with fewer cancellations than any other airline. They also seem to rate highly on most of the reports on best airlines in the US.

What’s not to like?

"Gear down or go around!"

Heard more than once on the frequency at our towered airport when an observer (never ATC, though they've been rumored to say "check gear down") saw a plane on short final without its gear deployed. Of course, it could have been a low pass during instrument training, so one time that I could have said it, I didn't, and a Duchess plopped down on the runway in front of me, slide a few yards, and closed the airport, to which I was returning 'cuz I had to pee.

Back