1800wxbrief.com and my Airport Identifier is "invalid"

Lndwarrior

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
I fly out of Pine Mountain Lake airport (E45).

When trying to use the mobile app the subject website refuses to recognize either "E45" or KE45" in the Departure flight plan.

I've even tried using the adjacent search function, find the E45 airport listed. Select it. And when I select "Brief" it keeps coming back with "E45 is invalid" (or KE45) - even after I've selected it from their database.

This has been going on for months.

Sometimes I can get it to work from my PC, but not today. SAme thing - "invalid airport" no matter how I input it.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I talked to a briefer and we figured it out. It was two separate problems.

For those who may have similar problems I'll explain what happened.

On my cell my flight plans were defaulting to ICAO format which didn't recognize the identifier.

On my PC I had the word "direct" in my route which apparently the program doesn't like.

So how do you get the bleeding mobile version of the website into NON-ICAO mode? It appears you can't. What a piece of crap.

Blank or DCT works for the direct route.

Last edited:
On the bright side, it is thanks to problems like this that we don't have to use the ICAO form for domestic flight plans, even though they've been threatening that for years.

I don't use the mobile LM site, always choose the desktop option with domestic flight plan.

Jon

Back