Swiss aerial demonstration team performs for wrong festival

steingar

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
steingar
The Patrouille Suisse, the Swiss equivalent of our Blue Angels, were supposed to perform an aerobatic demonstration for a celebration of the centenary of the Swiss aviation pioneer Oskar Bider.

The Swiss pilots were unequipped with GPS technology, and were relying on charts and pilotage. Well, they blew it and got lost.

They performed their 15 minute aerobatic routine for a yodeling festival. Link on CNN to show I'm not making this up.

Sorry, I looked for another thread. Didn't mean to trample on your parade. Besides, something that funny deserves two threads.

It seemed for a while that I couldn't put anything up without somebody else having beaten me to it. It was finally my turn to spike the ball :D

Sorry, I looked for another thread. Didn't mean to trample on your parade. Besides, something that funny deserves two threads.

Of course, it's difficult to search for something when the thread title doesn't tell the story ...

Hard to yodel over jet noise. It'd be like going to a fogged-in, rainy air show for us.

I-aye-i-ayeiayai lo-oyeoyeoeyoyeoyeove jeieieieiet noioioioioioioioioise!

I posted that in the other thread. I thought it was too funny not to be posted in both. ;)

I thought it was a pretty good yodel

Since it is their Air Force demonstration team, wouldn’t a comparison to the Thunderbirds be more appropriate than the Blue Angels?

Heck, do the Swiss even have a navy?

Since it is their Air Force demonstration team, wouldn’t a comparison to the Thunderbirds be more appropriate than the Blue Angels?

"Swiss Navy" is the brand name of a, uhh, "Personal lubricant." Make your own joke....

Ron "When dropping the soap isn't enough" Wanttaja

Oh boy, An Air Force vs Navy battle is in the works.

That’s okay. They shouldn’t feel bad. When my brother graduated from a little military school in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the Superintendent announced “Class of 1996... you are dismissed!” The cadets threw their hats in the air, and the Thunderbirds flew over. Two peaks north of the stadium where graduation was happening.

GPSs.??? We don' need no stinkin' GPSs....

th

The Patrouille Suisse, the Swiss equivalent of our Blue Angels, were supposed to perform an aerobatic demonstration for a celebration of the centenary of the Swiss aviation pioneer Oskar Bider.

The Swiss pilots were unequipped with GPS technology, and were relying on charts and pilotage. Well, they blew it and got lost.

They performed their 15 minute aerobatic routine for a yodeling festival. Link on CNN to show I'm not making this up.

Did the yodelers stop playing and watch the show?

Back