9 Ken "Hooks" Ibold
10 Catherine Ibold
11 Diana "Little Slick" Richards
12 "Kangaroo" Kate Bernard
13 Ross "Dr. Pepper" Fischer
14 Randy "The Good Buddy" Fischer
15 Matt "Roger That" Kunkel
16 Spike "I Haven't Got a Clue How to Play Poker" Cutler
17 Nick "A Pair of Deuces AGAIN??" Brennan (good possibility)
18 Tim "Poker Is Corrupting (PIC)" Winters
19 JC Zalog

19 JC Zalog

This is going to be SO much fun!

7_15_12.gif

I'm working up the card packets this weekend... :yes:

I wonder if it's too late to get dealt in? I put 'no' on the sheet, but I've changed my mind.

We sit a both, Diana. Right now I'm sitting at a table, but in a couple of hours, I'll be sitting in an airplane. :goofy:

I think Kevin was referring to traditional poker rules. You have to obviously limit the amount of people to a table (Because of the amount of cards to you have). Typically a table is between 5-7 people, but you can have more if you are only playing a 5 card game.

I wonder if it's too late to get dealt in? I put 'no' on the sheet, but I've changed my mind.

Not a problem, Dr. Bill. Just tack your name onto the end of the list above (copy and paste the roster into a new message).

We sit a both, Diana. Right now I'm sitting at a table, but in a couple of hours, I'll be sitting in an airplane. :goofy:

I think Kevin was referring to traditional poker rules. You have to obviously limit the amount of people to a table (Because of the amount of cards to you have). Typically a table is between 5-7 people, but you can have more if you are only playing a 5 card game.

Yeah, no tables here, except the ones you're sitting at for dinner Saturday... and we can have up to 52 participants in this game! YAY! :) This is going to be fun. I have the cards for 3 of the 5 airports prepped and ready to go. Will be contacting the FBOs (reminder of what we're doing!) and sending the cards out to them the week before Gastons. If you need fuel, charts, whatever, consider giving some business to the participating locations!

1 Troy "Fly Boy" Whistman
2 Teresa "Lady Red" Whistman
3 Brent Johnson
4 Kevin "Woolworth's" Standley
5 Chip "Big Slick" Gibbons
6 Chris "Marksman" Jones
7 Grant "Jack Benny" Prellwitz
8 Leslie "Motown" Prellwitz
9 Ken "Hooks" Ibold
10 Catherine Ibold
19 JC Zalog
20 Dr. "Feelin' good" Bill

260 envelopes and countless hours later... the game is ready to be played!!! Pull up a chair on Saturday June 7th, and let's have ourselves a game!

IMG_9305.jpg

Each airport (KPLK, KHRO, KFLP, KBPK, and Gastons) has its own deck of 52 cards, each card individually sealed inside a plain white tamper-evident envelope. Each playing card is protected by a manila insert in the envelope, making the card opaque when held up to a light--no peeking before the game!

The consolation prize for worst hand has been obtained, but it's a secret until the night of...

There is an extra deck (as shown) for those that want to purchase an "extra" card to improve their hand at game time, as described in the rules.

Here's what your "final hand" will look like before the envelopes are opened:

IMG_9308.jpg

NOTE: As you can see, you'll go retrieve ONE card from each of the four outlying airports (KPLK, KHRO, KFLP, and KBPK) as described in the rules of the game. When you pony up your ante on Saturday night, you'll receive your "G" (Gastons) card from the judges. All cards will STILL remain sealed until game play, when your name is called.

Cards will be mailed to the respective FBOs the week of May 26th, and you can pick up your cards from the airport(s) anytime on or after Monday June 1st. You must have your four "outlying field" airport cards in hand Saturday night, June 7th, to be eligible for the game.

Next question... based on the number of folks that have registered, how do people feel about allowing folks (those that want to) to play (and buy) up to two hands, instead of one? If we want to allow that, then I'll tell the FBOs that folks can draw a maximum of two cards. Hands will be played SEALED, one hand at a time, if any player plays two hands (that is, they won't know what their cards are til they are opened, and can't "mix hands" after their cards are opened).

If the pictures above "time out" for some reason, you can view them in this PicasaWeb gallery.

Ok, so since nobody said anything to the contrary, I'll assume that there is still space :)

3 Brent Johnson
6 Chris "Marksman" Jones
9 Ken "Hooks" Ibold
10 Catherine Ibold
19 JC Zalog
20 Dr. "Feelin' good" Bill
21 Felix "Hollywood" Morio

Awesome, Felix!! I'm wondering how many folks are planning to stop and pick up their cards on the inbound trek to Gastons, versus flying back out later to make the circuit?

I'm modifying the list; Tim Winters is "out" due to to work obligations.

3 Brent Johnson
6 Chris "Marksman" Jones
9 Ken "Hooks" Ibold
10 Catherine Ibold
18 JC Zalog
19 Dr. "Feelin' good" Bill
20 Felix "Hollywood" Morio

Awesome, Felix!! I'm wondering how many folks are planning to stop and pick up their cards on the inbound trek to Gastons, versus flying back out later to make the circuit?
Our plan is to stop on the way in, but it's always subject to change!

I'm planning on flying to Gaston's first and getting settled in. Maybe a bunch of us could all fly out together to get the cards. Grant, want to race? :D :yes:

I plan on hitting maybe 2 airports on the way in, get settled, and then head back out for the rest.

Well count me In. I just reserved N8483F (some Kent guy has 271G yet again :rofl:)this morning.

Code:
3 Brent Johnson
6 Chris "Marksman" Jones
9 Ken "Hooks" Ibold
10 Catherine Ibold
18 JC Zalog
21 Pete "What this isn't Euchre?" von Tresckow
Pete

Last edited:
Well count me In. I just reserved N8483F (some Kent guy has 271G yet again :rofl:)this morning.

Pete

Cool, Pete! Count you in on the game!? If so, please copy and paste the existing list, latest version, into a new message and put your name and "poker handle" at the bottom.

I'm modifying the list; Tim Winters is "out" due to to work obligations.

Thanks, Troy,

I just checked this thread to do the same and see it's already taken care of.

Hopefully, I'l make it down for a day trip on Saturday or Sunday but, unfortunately, won't be able to make the "full event" like originally planned.

But, I'll be in South Dakota thinking about you all...yup, you betcha!

Thanks, Troy,

I just checked this thread to do the same and see it's already taken care of.

Hopefully, I'l make it down for a day trip on Saturday or Sunday but, unfortunately, won't be able to make the "full event" like originally planned.

But, I'll be in South Dakota thinking about you all...yup, you betcha!

If you get down here on Saturday, pick up your cards on the way in and stay for the fun!

I was also planning on gathering cards on the way in. If it sounds like it's turning into a group activity or something, then that may change. It would be cool to launch out of Gastons in groups of 3 or 4 (with safe spacing of course).

I would like to participate. I'm not sure if I'll be flying to these airports though. $105 / hr Hobbs on a Cherokee is tough. If I do fly--I might be interested in some formation. I'll have my camera and I can usually take good air-to-air pictures.

I would like to participate. I'm not sure if I'll be flying to these airports though. $105 / hr Hobbs on a Cherokee is tough. If I do fly--I might be interested in some formation. I'll have my camera and I can usually take good air-to-air pictures.

Jesse, two of the airports are the ones right around Gastons (Flippin and Mountain Home); another is on your way in from the North. I bet you can catch a ride with somebody to get your cards from the 'outlying' airports.

3 Brent Johnson
6 Chris "Marksman" Jones
9 Ken "Hooks" Ibold
10 Catherine Ibold
18 JC Zalog
21 Pete "What this isn't Euchre?" von Tresckow
22 "Babblin" Brook

By the way, Ross Fischer has volunteered as a judge. I need two more, please, who are familiar with poker scoring, the rules for breaking ties in the same hands, etc.

I volunteer to be a Judge. Unless the spots have been filled.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I read that, Grant! :rofl:

Man, you guys are great... accepting me as I am... WOW.

I can't access the "rules" document from where I am... can somebody look at it and let me know who it lists as "judges"?

Back