Pilots needed for Online Study on Meteorological Displays

DPLGATECH

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
DPL@GT
Georgia Tech is currently seeking licensed pilots or currently enrolled student pilots who live in the US and are at least 18 years of age to volunteer for a study examining how meteorological weather information displays affect pilot decision-making.

As you may know, adverse weather conditions in aviation can lead to delays, deviations, and even accidents. As a result, the Georgia Institute of Technology is conducting a study on how different weather display technology influences pilot decision-making.

Participants in this study will be asked to complete an online demographics questionnaire regarding their flight experience, ratings, and other items. Following the demographic questionnaire, the participants will then be presented with various weather scenarios and asked if the flight path presented in the scenario will intersect adverse weather.

The study will take no more than 1-hour to complete. The supported internet browsers are Chrome 4.0 or higher, Internet Explorer 10.0 and higher, Firefox 4.0 or higher, and Safari 3.1 or higher. In addition, Javascript must be enabled. We recommend using a laptop or a desktop. If you work at a secure government facility, you may need to use a personal device due to security constraints.

Thank you very much for your time. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Attachments

• Recruitment_Flyer.pdf
    132.5 KB · Views: 30
I spent 30 minutes on the survey and the following page never came back. Just a black screen...

I started to take the survey for them but the first question was not about aviation - imagine you have a 5 sided cube.... NOPE.

If I'm going to take time out of my day to help you get your PhD, then I'm only going to answer questions that are specific to aviation like was referenced in the flier.

MITRE gives you a $50 Amazon gift card...

You lost me at "Please disable ad-blocker extensions for this survey."

Nope. Bye, Felicia.

Sounds like the study expired and was replaced with a new one? *shrug*
We gotta be careful what links we click, especially hidden links from within PDFs etc. Don't want to get Rick-rolled again, though it's fun once. :)
Is this the correct link to the new study?

Mine's been downloading for a while now. Don't know if I'll stick it out.

Here's your answer:
“There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime.”
— Sign over squadron ops desk at Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona, 1970.

I gave up. The test is inane, slow and buggy. I stopped after the third scenario.

Back