Just wow

Well I can’t understand how you don’t see a problem with it so I guess that’s just where it is going to stay.

There is no way I would have allowed that to happen. If it was forced on me you can be guaranteed there would have been a formal complaint filed at the FSDO and with the tower facility manager.
And that's your prerogative to refuse help as pilot in command, no one would fault you, you know, unless you crashed.

And that's your prerogative to refuse help as pilot in command, no one would fault you, you know, unless you crashed.
I’d blame the hero for adding distractions if this guy had crashed.

$40k for a PPL. :eek:
No, that doesn’t include the $270 to $375 an hour for a plane, which in turn doesn’t even include fuel.

It’s probably closer to $60k

But hey, you’ll get a video of your solo with your instructor flying up your butt with a camera in his hand, so that’s priceless.

But hey, you’ll get a video of your solo with your instructor flying up your butt with a camera in his hand, so that’s priceless.

Not only that, but it shows up on the Youtubes so all your friends can go, "what's up with that?"

$225 an hour for a flight review that takes all day. He knows how to market himself if nothing else.

Where did you see $225 an hour? Granted I did not look at the site much but I did see this on the training page:

Flight Review: A flight review is an all day event which challenges the pilot to fly the aircraft to beyond PTS standards. There is a healthy load of academics as well as flying. Typical course is 1 day. $1800 + Aircraft

That's $1800 for a Flight Review, plus you have to pay for the aircraft on top of that $1800. This guy really does think a lot of himself.

No, that doesn’t include the $270 to $375 an hour for a plane, which in turn doesn’t even include fuel.

It’s probably closer to $60k

I guess that's how much it cost to become a Private Pilot when your instructor flies on your 5 O'clock on every flight.

Where did you see $225 an hour? Granted I did not look at the site much but I did see this on the training page:

Flight Review: A flight review is an all day event which challenges the pilot to fly the aircraft to beyond PTS standards. There is a healthy load of academics as well as flying. Typical course is 1 day. $1800 + Aircraft

That's $1800 for a Flight Review, plus you have to pay for the aircraft on top of that $1800. This guy really does think a lot of himself.
Maybe that includes lunch?

Crashing isn’t that bad. Especially at a low energy state while in control. I’d prefer the crash over dealing with that guy on my wing.

As I said earlier we will not agree on this one. You think he helped. I think he didn’t and should have a certificate action.

$1800 / 8 hrs = $225/hr

I guess that's how much it cost to become a Private Pilot when your instructor flies on your 5 O'clock on every flight.
Hey, who knows when you’ll need him to tell you how to fly the plane?

This way you can log solo but still have the CFI to save you at the Same time.

Crashing isn’t that bad. Especially at a low energy state while in control. I’d prefer the crash over dealing with that guy on my wing.

As I said earlier we will not agree on this one. You think he helped. I think he didn’t and should have a certificate action.

It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

Back to your question, an $1,800 BFR with no airplane is very expensive, even by Cirrus standards.

I just looked at his website. What currency is that? He can't possibly mean US dollars, right?

I just looked at his website. What currency is that? He can't possibly mean US dollars, right?

He's based in the NYC area, it's got to be dollars, and I'm thinking he probably gets it too.

Might make sense if you’re a rich out of touch guy that hasn’t flown in 15 years.

To all the guys blasting the CFI for his rates.... why? What do you care? If he gets that, he gets that. And yes, he clearly knows how to market himself if he's getting rates like that, but he also must be a pretty good instructor because otherwise he wouldn't be able to sustain rates like that. Ever think of it that way?

I don't know the guy, I've never worked with the guy, and I imagine most folks on this board haven't either. But you're all basing your thoughts of his rates on one video. Seems a little silly and childish.

To all the guys blasting the CFI for his rates.... why? What do you care? If he gets that, he gets that. And yes, he clearly knows how to market himself if he's getting rates like that, but he also must be a pretty good instructor because otherwise he wouldn't be able to sustain rates like that. Ever think of it that way?

I don't know the guy, I've never worked with the guy, and I imagine most folks on this board haven't either. But you're all basing your thoughts of his rates on one video. Seems a little silly and childish.

You obviously haven't watched the rest of the videos on his channel. One man circle jerk. More full of himself than Troy Martin.

Why is it only the Cirrus guys on this guys side? Is there some contract you guys sign when you buy one that demands you band together no matter what? ;)

I'm basing my thoughts on the rates he's posted on HIS website, and nothing else.

On what planet do you justify $1800 for what should, and can be accomplished in 2 hours, not to mention all the other rates on his site?

You got one thing right, he knows how to market himself, just like a thousand other scam operations. But you go ahead and tell us how great this guy is because he 'knows how to market himself'.

Because with one guy charging this much it allows everyone else to raise rates higher and higher and still be below top of the market. I have no idea if the guy is worth it or not but he’s actually charging almost double what others are. I rent in this area and we need to fight to keep rates down.

Actually, no one knows if he actually gets his stated rate. I've only evidence for one student solo. Could be he spends lots of times twiddling his thumbs.

I'm basing my thoughts on the rates he's posted on HIS website, and nothing else.

On what planet do you justify $1800 for what should, and can be accomplished in 2 hours, not to mention all the other rates on his site?

You got one thing right, he knows how to market himself, just like a thousand other scam operations. But you go ahead and tell us how great this guy is because he 'knows how to market himself'.

Huh? I didn't say he was great. I specifically said I haven't worked with the guy and that he "must be a pretty good instructor because otherwise he wouldn't be able to sustain rates like that" ...

But it's reasonable common sense and business logic that if he charges rates like that and keeps his rates like that he must have a happy set of clients who probably refer other folks.

Plus if you've never worked with him, you don't know if he's a scam operator or not. You may not like how he handled this situation or how much he charges, but calling him a scam operator seems a bit of a stretch, no?

But it's reasonable common sense and business logic that if he charges rates like that and keeps his rates like that he must have a happy set of clients who probably refer other folks.
Either that, or, his target market segment is stupid rich people with wads of cash to burn unnecessarily. $40k for his CFI labor to get a freakin Private license is breathtakingly overpriced, even for the NYC area.

Either that, or, his target market segment is stupid rich people with wads of cash to burn unnecessarily. $40k for his CFI labor to get a freakin Private license is breathtakingly overpriced, even for the NYC area.

Yeah that's a chunk of change for sure. One of the NYC CFIs on here should market PPL for $35k ;)

You obviously haven't watched the rest of the videos on his channel. One man circle jerk. More full of himself than Troy Martin.

Why is it only the Cirrus guys on this guys side? Is there some contract you guys sign when you buy one that demands you band together no matter what? ;)

I'm not on his side, dude. I said I don't know the guy and I don't. That he trains in a Cirrus is of no consequence to me. I just tend to not follow herd mentality.

I see stuff like this on guitar forums all the time. "That guitar cost $30k? That's stupid! Who would pay that? Build by a greedy builder for a rich moron" and the narrative just gets old. No one is making anyone pay his rates. If he gets what he charges, then cool. It's a free market.

One man circle jerk, you're cracking me up EdFred.

Back