Destin, Florida to Gulf Shores, Alabama

Collin Kaufman

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ckflyer13
Had one of the best flights of my career today. Flew one of Destin's (DTS) C172M over to Jack Edwards (JKA) in Gulf Shores and it was an absolutely incredible flight. It was a friends boyfriend's birthday (evan) so she asked if I could take him for a flight, so my girlfriend and I and those two hopped in the plane and we headed west. Weather was absolutely perfect. Winds at altitude were only forecasted about 5 knots and only a few clouds in the sky.

In route we did some zero G and the two first timers absolutely loved it. Taught Evan some basic attitude and instrument stuff and let him fly for a while. About 45 minutes after departing DTS we touched down at JKA with one of my best landings to date. An absolute perfect, textbook example of a cross wind landing and couldn't have been better for two first-time flyers. We got some lunch at Villaggio Grille, which, if anyone ever has time, I definitely recommend.

Evan said it was his best birthday yet and that's one of the most rewarding things a pilot could hear from their passengers, so to say the least, it was a great day flying. And just to make things even better, as we walked up to the JKA FBO, a Honda Jet and a Vision Jet pull up at the same time. As an Av nerd, I was barely functioning. I know neither planes are the most rare ever, but I was excited. For the car guys, there was also one of the new Lamborghini Urus.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpeg
    IMG_0146.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0147.jpeg
    IMG_0147.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0149.jpeg
    IMG_0149.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0151.jpeg
    IMG_0151.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0152.jpeg
    IMG_0152.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 70
What.?? No picture of the Lamborghini..?? :lol::lol:

Sounds like a good time was had by all... :thumbsup:

What.?? No picture of the Lamborghini..?? :lol::lol:

Sounds like a good time was had by all... :thumbsup:
Here ya go! Didn't get any great pics but its something

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpeg
    IMG_0152.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0142.jpeg
    IMG_0142.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 48
Whats the tail number of that 172?

I haven't been home in a while, but my understanding is Destin Jet was replaced by someone as the FBO in Destin? Wondering if its still VCS supplying the rentals.

Whats the tail number of that 172?

I haven't been home in a while, but my understanding is Destin Jet was replaced by someone as the FBO in Destin? Wondering if its still VCS supplying the rentals.
I was in N4351R. Both FBOs are owned by Lynx and the flight school is owned by VERTOL. I believe they still have most of the same planes

I was in N4351R. Both FBOs are owned by Lynx and the flight school is owned by VERTOL. I believe they still have most of the same planes

Yeah I remember 51R. I got my private in the 150 there - but I think that one was sold off.

Who are the instructors there nowadays?

Yeah I remember 51R. I got my private in the 150 there - but I think that one was sold off.

Who are the instructors there nowadays?
I'm not sure. I did my training at Eglin at the Aero Club. Only guy at destin I know is Andy.

Back