Any POAers in El Dorado, Arkansas KELD?

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
Looks like I'm headed into KELD this evening - maybe just for an hour or so but possibly overnight if weather's not advantageous on my route. Wondering if anyone on POA is there.

They have a couple crew cars and generally not very busy. Commercial service ended a few years ago. There is a Mem Center radio hole just north of there, lasts for 10min ish at 130kts.

I don’t know if any POAers there. I go there a few times a year for work.

Hotels are about a 10 minute drive. Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn at 167 & 82. BBQ restaurant called Howells in walking distance of hotel. Mel’s is southern/Cajun seafood, worth a visit for frog legs, gumbo, oyster poboy. Downtown is nice to visit, more restaurants there.

There’s actually a regional flight from ELD to DFW. Southern Airways Express.

I don’t know if any POAers there. I go there a few times a year for work.

Hotels are about a 10 minute drive. Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn at 167 & 82. BBQ restaurant called Howells in walking distance of hotel. Mel’s is southern/Cajun seafood, worth a visit for frog legs, gumbo, oyster poboy. Downtown is nice to visit, more restaurants there.

There’s actually a regional flight from ELD to DFW. Southern Airways Express.

When did they fire that flight up? Last I checked they canceled all of their flights, but they only flew to MEM only.

I took it a couple times last year, and once in January or February if I remember. It’s a Caravan.

Kinda fun to sit behind the pilot and copilot. They haul butt to short final and bleed off a ton of speed between threshold and touchdown marks.

When did they fire that flight up? Last I checked they canceled all of their flights, but they only flew to MEM only.

They bought out Seaport and Sun Express. Two daily flights to DFW and one to MEM. They’ve been regularly close to sold out most days. Very friendly crews and agents. They also service HOT and HRO. They’ve been buying up smaller EAS carriers. I wouldn’t be surprised if Air Choice One gets bought out soon.

@RyanShort1 The airport manager is an awesome guy. He will help you out anyway possible. I’d recommend Hampton and Howells if you get stuck this evening.

I made it there on that Caravan, and out in a 140 that is on its’ way to Redbird(!)... Stopped for the evening at OSA because of the storms over Greenville and Dallas.

9adc3465dbc3e62e83a4a589ce48a782.jpg
7cc9dc13119d2ee16bf3c2b35e791631.jpg
70a32df23e63b283a51b2127037d25e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made it there on that Caravan, and out in a 140 that is on its’ way to Redbird(!)... Stopped for the evening at OSA because of the storms over Greenville and Dallas.

7cc9dc13119d2ee16bf3c2b35e791631.jpg

C-140_001_small.jpg

Twin brothers! What's your serial number?

This one isn’t mine, but I’ll probably be working with the owner a bit and may get to use this one for Tailwheel work at Redbird.

Here’s the Caravan view mentioned above.
34a4d44e4c6ee9d5d2e5caa1269a16f7.jpg

On the Corporate Aviation ramp at DFW.
157dc88774ae70e7a004b0e75e5b3281.jpg

At 10,000 looking at a thunderstorm
6dc208ccb6a79fd5990184ed12d60fff.jpg

On final for El Dorado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made it back to Dallas Executive this afternoon. Can’t wait to fly her more and hopefully get a few tailwheel students going.

287cf0bcd1301c214cbd5dda718d133b.jpg

2def0758140d40c3d795a3a8cf2919fa.jpg

Last edited:
I used to go to Eldo all the time for work. If you have to go back and need a rental car, call Mark at U-save instead of Enterprise. He would always leave it in the lot for me instead of having to wait for a ride from Enterprise.

Those EAS airlines amaze me. I once had to get from Austin to Eldo for a morning meeting last minute. Had to fly through Dallas where I live to Memphis for a few hours of sleep and out on the Seaport flight at 5am (or another ridiculously early time). Just me and the 2 up front and we still had to stop in Hot Springs so they could get paid for the empty seats.

Back