Oshkosh Mass Arrivals

MtPJimB

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
RVFlyboy
This will be my first time flying in to OSH. Planning to arrive early Sun morning. I see that the Cirrus mass arrival is scheduled for 8am. If I'm over Fisk at 7 or 7:15am, will I be OK getting in before the mass arrival? Also, does the mass arrival still follow the Ripon/Fisk approach pattern?

You should be fine. I thought the mass arrivals came from the south usually to land 18-36.

Edited for grammar.

As mentioned, they come straight-in to 36L/R from the south. Provided nothing has taken out 9-27 everybody else will be routed to that runway. If you arrive at Fisk before 745, the Cirri won't bother you.

This years mass arrivals (as near as I can tell)

Saturday
1000 Cherokees
1130 Mooneys
1300 Bonanzas
1430 Cessnas

Sunday
0800 Cirrus

Just keep an eye out for chutes popping over 36.

As mentioned, they come straight-in to 36L/R from the south. Provided nothing has taken out 9-27 everybody else will be routed to that runway. If you arrive at Fisk before 745, the Cirri won't bother you.

Saturday
1000 Cherokees
1130 Mooneys
1300 Bonanzas
1430 Cessnas

Sunday
0800 Cirrus

Can a Cirrus use the ultralight arrival if it pops the chute over the grass?

Saturday
1000 Cherokees
1130 Mooneys
1300 Bonanzas
1430 Cessnas

Sunday
0800 Cirrus

At first I read this as a quantity and not times. 1300 Bonanzas would be a very mass arrival...

Back