Just wow

Hang 4

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Hang 4
Apparently there is a way to be saved from certain death as long as this clown is in radio range.

Yeah, it seemed like the Arrow pilot already had the right idea and was gear down, working on his planned approach and the Cirrus guy really messed with that, then ended up having to tell him to put it in a forward slip and raise the flaps... lots of extra work. Bet the guy would've made a lot more comfortable landing if he'd been on his own. Not to mention it looked more like that was about getting it on video the way the Cirrus stayed low and beneath the Arrow all the way until he was buzzing the taxiways when he clearly could have pulled up and maintained more altitude and still seen the Arrow.

yeah this guy is the one a few years back providing some garbage content about the purpose of overhead breaks. his continual and gratuitous showcasing of chase formation position in simpleton piston single flight where his presence is a distraction and hindrance to safety of flight, is absolutely cringe inducing from my perspective as a mil IP.

from the way he talks on the radio he sounds like he did some navy or AF primary trainer tour or something before getting out (the description of one of his videos mentions the C2, so my guess is navy) and has appropriated all manners of mil style flying into his little cirrus shtick. he had no business telling that non participating civilian aircraft how and where to fly his airplane. this isnt UPT and he isnt an IP flying chase on a student solo with an emergency. then that buffoonish stunt low approach to almost flaring height, completely unnecessary showboating. i am legitimately surprised tower tolerated that self-invited circus show. there aint no way in hell im letting some former washed up turbo weenie pilot trying to relive his glory days, join up on my wing in civi flying. id drop a NMAC on this clown faster than he can count to 709.

that guy needs a soap party right yesterday.

ETA: comments disabled on the video. something tells me folks have already got the jump on me telling this guy to KIO with the mil flying appropriation stunt in piston single flight instruction.

It would be one thing if you were talking a passenger down if pilot croaked or a situation the pilot in distress truly needed something from a wingman helper, say radio go between or something like that, but that would have distracted me more! I would be in the STFU group. It my plane and all the souls on board are reliant on me, if I screw it up I gotta take responsibility- you knock me off kilter and distract me when I didn’t need you and things don’t end well and I’d be on the warpath at that person...

It’s probably a good thing he took it down. I am not too sure there aren’t some regs violated.

Last edited:
Alex is a very well respected pilot and instructor. Mixed feelings on the video. But, as always, there is more than what we see. Would it change any minds to learn the arrow pilot was appreciative—in fact even got a lift back to White Plains from Alex afterwards?

We lost a good pilot two weeks ago to a failed dead stick. Good person. Alex was at the funeral. I think he was trying to stop history from repeating the only way he could. Didn’t make much of a great video and the internet can be unkind.

Alex used to personally deliver free pizzas to TRACOM & ATC during the shutdown so these guys, working for free, could have a warm meal.

I don’t know him personally. But he’s very much praised by those that do. I find his posts a little ego/heavy handed. But then so go most jokes about pilots...

Video is back. The title of this thread is right. Just wow. The Arrow pilot clearly had it handled and the Cirrus guy just added unnecessary distraction and commands that were incorrect for the situation.

Last edited:
Alex is a very well respected pilot and instructor.

Hah. Much less so now I bet. He comes across as the stereotypical, self-obsessed "look at me" pilot that we all love. Clearly severely lacking in judgement, at the very least.

The most fundamental tenet in wingman role in an EP is: don't be a hindrance. The broken aircraft generally takes the lead while wing supports. That means you STFU until you're needed by the EP jet. The only time someone would be steering an EP resolution from the chase position is if the broken aircraft is being flown by a completely unqualified student (hence my comments about the "UPT style talking to" that clown was giving the non-participating Arrow). But that's in the context of a mil environment where everybody understands and has been exposed to the expectations and standards that define this kind of flying. Appropriating that behavior into a foreign environment for the sake of a self-employed CFI business shtick is not only insufferable, but replete with real pitfalls. Bringing that whole mess into a non-participating civilian aircraft no less? That's where it goes beyond clownish and into the realm of the FAA, especially if the Arrow had got distracted and bent something.

So I don't even want to give this clown that amount of credit, but from even an EP resolution perspective on this side of the fence, he broke the cardinal rule and would be getting a roasting at the squadron after he got down. The guy legitimately became a hindrance to the Arrow, and almost made a manageable situation into an accident by proferring unwarranted inputs and self-appointed flight lead over the EP aircraft, on a non-participating basis no less. Again, I am completely astounded by the amount of rope tower allowed to be unwound on this circus show.

Alex is a very well respected pilot and instructor.

Tell your homeboy that he's not the only one in GA with prior mil experience. His judgement is severely lacking. Being a good stick doesn't at all mean you're a good pilot. We have a few decent sticks with poor inflight judgement. Usually as a function of inexperience, but sometimes we have senior pilots with a reputation because they can't seem to make command judgement decisions without causing drama at the destination and always getting a talking to. Some happen to be cavalier in their flying, which only lasts so long before something gets bent. Your buddy looks like he has something to get out of his system or needs closure from not flying in the military anymore (if he ever did...hell who knows, we just found out about a prior enlisted flying Mirages on a merc basis in Lybia with zero mil flight training, so anything is possible these days).

Tell your friend to knock it off with the UPT appropriation shtick. Remind him he's no longer in the military and the FAA doesn't appreciate impromptu UPT syllabus implementation and mil student pilot procedures being used in the middle of non-participating class D airspace. Also remind him he's not at the B-course, and thus flying chase on your initial solo PPL student is a complete d-bag @ss-shining for YT clicks. And finally, I would ask he invest in some aerobatic aircraft and get whatever hangups he has about not wearing a G-suit to work out of his system, for the sake of his clients. Whatever it is he needs to work through to let go of the military training pantomime he's passing off as "experience" to overcharge his customers. The internet is a pretty wide lens and we're all watching. It's embarrassing best case, he's gonna hurt a client worst case.

As to the white knighting on your part, remember.... the road to hell is paved with good intentions. This guy is likely to dismiss anything coming from the internet. He needs a friend, hopefully someone with military experience, to tell him he's being an @ssclown. Friends don't let friends be @ssclowns. Don't enable @ssclowns.

Typical cirrus driver demonstrating their usual quality of flying and decision making.

Hah. Much less so now I bet. He comes across as the stereotypical, self-obsessed "look at me" pilot that we all love. Clearly severely lacking in judgement, at the very least.
He had no business getting in the pattern with a disabled aircraft and flying so closely. There was no point in doing that and it increased danger IMO.

And if he's going to "help", then simply provide suggestions rather than commands.

But that was some impressive "intercepting". :rolleyes:

So what say the FAA on this matter? Will it be inquired upon? Would this constitute reckless behavior?

I also like that he tried to get the guy to park on the "west side" so that he could land and help the Arrow pilot sort it out. The Arrow driver said, nah, I'll just park at Signature and make some phone calls. Cirrus pilot has no idea what the problem is, but wants to play A&P as well!

Listened to the audio and lol..wow. Someone needs attention..should have left that guy alone.

Had the Arrow pilot been shaky, not known what to do, whatever, then yeah, Mr. Cirrus is a hero. But the Arrow pilot was cool, calm, collected and had everything perfectly under control. Having engine problems is a bad emergency, having engine problems abeam the numbers a little less so. Mr. Cirrus just made things that much worse by unnecessary adding himself to a situation where he was in no way needed. Sort of like the video where he flies in trail of his student's first solo flight. No, I'm not making this up.

I think this belongs here

I take your Ralph and raise you a DiCaprio:

uflgb.jpg

That means you STFU until you're needed by the EP jet.

(hence my comments about the "UPT style talking to" that clown was giving the non-participating Arrow)

id drop a NMAC on this clown faster than he can count to 709.

something tells me folks have already got the jump on me telling this guy to KIO

I'm guessing KIO is Knock It Off. But I got no idea what an EP, UPT or NMAC is.

The most fundamental tenet in wingman role in an EP is: don't be a hindrance. The broken aircraft generally takes the lead while wing supports. That means you STFU until you're needed by the EP jet. The only time someone would be steering an EP resolution from the chase position is if the broken aircraft is being flown by a completely unqualified student (hence my comments about the "UPT style talking to" that clown was giving the non-participating Arrow). But that's in the context of a mil environment where everybody understands and has been exposed to the expectations and standards that define this kind of flying. Appropriating that behavior into a foreign environment for the sake of a self-employed CFI business shtick is not only insufferable, but replete with real pitfalls. Bringing that whole mess into a non-participating civilian aircraft no less? That's where it goes beyond clownish and into the realm of the FAA, especially if the Arrow had got distracted and bent something.

So I don't even want to give this clown that amount of credit, but from even an EP resolution perspective on this side of the fence, he broke the cardinal rule and would be getting a roasting at the squadron after he got down. The guy legitimately became a hindrance to the Arrow, and almost made a manageable situation into an accident by proferring unwarranted inputs and self-appointed flight lead over the EP aircraft, on a non-participating basis no less. Again, I am completely astounded by the amount of rope tower allowed to be unwound on this circus show.

Tell your homeboy that he's not the only one in GA with prior mil experience. His judgement is severely lacking. Being a good stick doesn't at all mean you're a good pilot. We have a few decent sticks with poor inflight judgement. Usually as a function of inexperience, but sometimes we have senior pilots with a reputation because they can't seem to make command judgement decisions without causing drama at the destination and always getting a talking to. Some happen to be cavalier in their flying, which only lasts so long before something gets bent. Your buddy looks like he has something to get out of his system or needs closure from not flying in the military anymore (if he ever did...hell who knows, we just found out about a prior enlisted flying Mirages on a merc basis in Lybia with zero mil flight training, so anything is possible these days).

Tell your friend to knock it off with the UPT appropriation shtick. Remind him he's no longer in the military and the FAA doesn't appreciate impromptu UPT syllabus implementation and mil student pilot procedures being used in the middle of non-participating class D airspace. Also remind him he's not at the B-course, and thus flying chase on your initial solo PPL student is a complete d-bag @ss-shining for YT clicks. And finally, I would ask he invest in some aerobatic aircraft and get whatever hangups he has about not wearing a G-suit to work out of his system, for the sake of his clients. Whatever it is he needs to work through to let go of the military training pantomime he's passing off as "experience" to overcharge his customers. The internet is a pretty wide lens and we're all watching. It's embarrassing best case, he's gonna hurt a client worst case.

As to the white knighting on your part, remember.... the road to hell is paved with good intentions. This guy is likely to dismiss anything coming from the internet. He needs a friend, hopefully someone with military experience, to tell him he's being an @ssclown. Friends don't let friends be @ssclowns. Don't enable @ssclowns.

Why are you beating around the bush? Come on, just tell us how you really feel.

"I heard the reluctance of the pilot to declare an emergency and pretty much knew he was in trouble at that point"

Wow... What a d-bag.

Alex is a very well respected pilot and instructor. Mixed feelings on the video. But, as always, there is more than what we see. Would it change any minds to learn the arrow pilot was appreciative—in fact even got a lift back to White Plains from Alex afterwards?

We lost a good pilot two weeks ago to a failed dead stick. Good person. Alex was at the funeral. I think he was trying to stop history from repeating the only way he could. Didn’t make much of a great video and the internet can be unkind.

Alex used to personally deliver free pizzas to TRACOM & ATC during the shutdown so these guys, working for free, could have a warm meal.

I don’t know him personally. But he’s very much praised by those that do. I find his posts a little ego/heavy handed. But then so go most jokes about pilots...
I have friends and do nice things from time to time but I’m still an *******.

:)

Back