Is this picture upsetting?

Is this picture upsetting to you?

• Oh, the humanity!

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Nah, no big deal.

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Its just a doughnut. Why do people get so bent out of shape?

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am waiting to see how some people react to the cut on the doughnut.

So the whole picture didn't show up on my screen to start. It was just barely showing the top edge of the doughnut. I thought it was clouds over the desert, and my thought was it was a top down view of a mushroom cloud. Then I realized it was just a precursor to, as Wilford Brimley would say, diabeetus.

Are you conducting some kind of college psychiatry class experiment?

I watched a lady take a bite of a breakfast taco today, decide it wasn't the type she wanted, and hand it to one of her employees to finish. I think I'd prefer the knife cut!

Yesterday I had a third of a cookie that someone had broken with her hands, after having taken a bite...

The cookie was about 4" in diameter. Why do people make cookies like this?

I don't think I can bring myself to call a donut a "doughnut."

The travesty is that it’s a cake donut. Booooo!

Dietary actually put up a sign in the doctors lounge: Do not leave 1/2 of the Donut or Bagel !

Now the offender here would have been fine as he left 3/4.

Just not a big fan of the cake style donut. :)

They're the best for dipping in coffee but I prefer the other type.

We have a policy at work, if someone has to be woken up to come to work, its an automatic donut delivery (hey, they're already late) and they know that it has to include at least two Boston Cremes for me.

I don’t care about the type of cut, annoys me when people cut a donut and leave it for someone else. I bring a dozen assorted donuts to work once a week and coworkers do this a lot to cut calories/ sugar. You saved a 1/4 lb of body fat leaving half a donut that no one else will touch. Not to mention they always give in and go back for more anyways. Just accept the fact that in a couple of hours, half a donut ain’t gonna cut it. Eat the whole thing!

Last edited:
I don’t care about the cut, annoys me when people cut a donut and leave it for someone else. I bring a dozen assorted donuts to work once a week and coworkers do this a lot to cut calories/ sugar. You saved a 1/4 lb of body fat leaving half a donut that no one else will touch. Not to mention they always give in and go back for more anyways. Just accept the fact that in a couple of hours, half a donut ain’t gonna cut it. Eat the whole thing!

I agree, who can't eat a whole donut? Throw in the "people in China" thing if they have a problem with it.

They're the best for dipping in coffee but I prefer the other type.

We have a policy at work, if someone has to be woken up to come to work, its an automatic donut delivery (hey, they're already late) and they know that it has to include at least two Boston Cremes for me.

Ah, the tradition is alive and well. Just being late would do it whether you had to be woke up or not. When you called in saying you'd be late special orders were given, like throw in a couple Maple bars

We just keep it to negligence donut buying. They can have a good excuse which keeps them from getting to work on time like car trouble or unusual traffic. We try not to add insult to injury.

We just keep it to negligence donut buying. They can have a good excuse which keeps them from getting to work on time like car trouble or unusual traffic. We try not to add insult to injury.

It was just the I overslept thing.

You know, after a few months of keto it's not even really appealing. Sure, once every few months we'll go get a couple of our very favorite Sunday AM day-old Old Fashioned donuts, but other than that... I don't even miss them at all. Even my faves (of which there were many, chief among them the Danish). I can walk past an open box without even being tempted. It's kind of nice, and a little freaky at the same time for this lifelong pastry addict.

Edit: The angle of the cut does bug me a little though. Who can't make a proper 90 degree cut??

giphy.gif

Yesterday I had a third of a cookie that someone had broken with her hands, after having taken a bite...

The cookie was about 4" in diameter. Why do people make cookies like this?

Everybody secretly wants to be like Texas?

I don't think I can bring myself to call a donut a "doughnut."

I was more concerned about the knife cuts. :eek:

Back