suicidal ideations

U

User2

im working thru an anxiety case and my counselor noted in my initial eval that for less 1 week I had passive suicidal thoughts. I told him that there was a night or two that I went to sleep and briefly thought it would be nice if I didn’t wake up in the morning. This was right after a terrible couple days of constant anxiety. That was my only time of such thoughts and I only brought it up because he was really probing.

Is this going to be a problem?

Possibly and very likely. But this is something you shouldn't be airing on a public forum that the FAA could read if they wanted to.

My suggestion is to go straight to a Senior HIMS AME and discuss your situation with him/her.

Read up about Germanwings Flight 9525 and you will see why the FAA is rightly concerned when humans with your condition wish to pilot an airplane.

Seeking the proper professional guidance, not the well meaning anecdotal help of SGOTI, is the correct action.

the FAA will require an extensive psychiatric evaluation.

You’ll have quite a few hoops to jump through in order to gain a special issuance. The FAA takes suicidal thoughts very seriously.

As I wrote to you earlier in the day , there is are several levels of suicidal intention. Interpretation will be by your HIMS team...

As I wrote to you earlier in the day , there is are several levels of suicidal intention. Interpretation will be by your HIMS team...

I’m not the same person. I’ll talk to my HIMS ame today about it. Thanks for the input.

How is the FAA going to find out who he is?

Honestly? You don’t think they can?

The FAA has subpoena power. The ISP would cough up the contact information of the computer in a nanosecond. From there it is an easy guess...

It depends on how bad they want you...

-Skip

The FAA has subpoena power. The ISP would cough up the contact information of the computer in a nanosecond. From there it is an easy guess...

-Skip
I seriously doubt whether an agency that takes months and months to process SIs and other deferred medicals has the time to go to that much trouble to ID the OP, especially when he has said nothing to indicate that he's planning on falsifying his application.

However, perhaps a better question is whether AggieMike's advice not to post is intended to give the OP the option of falsifying!

Furthermore, contrary to his SGOTI remark, this forum has two of the most highly knowledgeable AMEs participating, so I really don't get why he thinks this is a bad place to ask for medical certification advice.

However, perhaps a better question is whether AggieMike's advice not to post is intended to give the OP the option of falsifying!
YGTBSM!! In all of the time we have cohabited the same forums, when have you ever seen me suggest that notion?

-Skip

1 - pretty sure they don’t want you that bad.
2 - If the user took proper precautions, he’s as good as untraceable.

YGTBSM!! In all of the time we have cohabited the same forums, when have you ever seen me suggest that notion?
I have the impression that you DON'T support falsifying, and I'm just pointing out that the implications of your advice not to post are contradictory to that.

Or is there some other purpose that is served by telling people not to ask for medical certification advice here? Because if there is, it's escaping me.

I have the impression that you DON'T support falsifying, and I'm just pointing out that the implications of your advice not to post are contradictory to that.

Or is there some other purpose that is served by telling people not to ask for medical certification advice here? Because if there is, it's escaping me.
This is the internet, and there is no guarantee of anonymity, as stated in the Terms of Service and the Rules of Conduct. Some people are more cautious than others.

-Skip

For all you know he may have posted this from a public library. I just hope the FAA doesn’t track you down for having paranoia.

Last edited:
This is the internet, and there is no guarantee of anonymity, as stated in the Terms of Service and the Rules of Conduct. Some people are more cautious than others.
Of course, but that information is only of use to the OP if he is planning on falsifying his application.

What I want to know is, what purpose is served by telling people who are looking for medical certification advice not to post here? AggieMike says it's not to leave people the option of falsifying, so what is he trying to accomplish by telling people that?

I’d be very careful about what is said online. Don’t think it could happen? I had an FBI at my door over what I posted in my FAA medical reform thread.

I’d be very careful about what is said online. Don’t think it could happen? I had an FBI at my door over what I posted in my FAA medical reform thread.

Would you mind posting a link to that and elaborating?

Was it the grenade launcher or the machine gun?
How do you mean? If your being sarcastic, the distinction was pre1986 MG’s as they are grandfathered in before the Hughes Amendment was passed. As for an M203, they’re legal, they require being registered as a destructive device Federally, along with any state laws. My state doesn’t have any laws against DD’s and the restrictions for Machine Guns, Suppressors, SBR’s and SBS’s we’re enacted before destructive devices (DD’s) were created as a classification in 1968.

How do you mean? If your being sarcastic, the distinction was pre1986 MG’s as they are grandfathered in before the Hughes Amendment was passed. As for an M203, they’re legal, they require being registered as a destructive device Federally, along with any state laws. My state doesn’t have any laws against DD’s and the restrictions for Machine Guns, Suppressors, SBR’s and SBS’s we’re enacted before destructive devices (DD’s) were created as a classification in 1968.

You said the FBI came to your door, what made them do that? You have a story and I want to hear it! ;)

Ok, so what did they say when they came to your door?

I suppose posting on an open forum that you’re suicidal and own all these weapons might raise concern (I’m surprised it’s read and monitored by the agencies though). Were they coming at it from an FAA angle, or more concerned that the weapons were legal?

I wonder if POA got a subpoena to track your IP address or did you leave identifying information in your user profile?

Also, the fact that your profile indicates you’re 19 likely didn’t help.

I was sleeping on the couch, heard the doorbell, thought it was some worker for the house. He asked if my parents were home, when I answered no, he showed his badge. I honestly thought it was either someone trying to rob the house, or some “hey little boy crap”.

I didn’t know what I was looking for on the badge, I couldn’t tell you a fake from a real.
I didn’t have my phone as it was still on the couch, I wanted to call my father and ask what to do. He was hesitant (in hindsight he didn’t want me getting a weapon). So he and I am standing at the door, I don’t know if to let him in or not, but while he was looking at his notes, I saw “pre1986 machine gun” “Grenade Launcher”, ect written down. I knew instantly he was legit and had him come in.

Main thing he wanted to know was if I was a threat. A 19 year old who’s talked described a psychological history such as mine looking at explosives, MG’s ect? Once he realized I’ve talked to the ATF muliple Times, and very much aware with the NFA process, it kind of partly answered his question. The reason he was there was essentially “Am I a threat/ a danger to others?” Unequivocally that answer was and is No. As for a danger to myself? That’s more complex and delves into the reasons on why I have atypical depression. Simple answer short term, no. Long term? It’s complex and depends we’re I am in life. Am I homeless dumpster diving? Probably. Do I have kids or people who depend on me, defiantly not.

This was brought to there attention apparently due to a report someone made in a different state, and he hadprint outs of the comments I wrote, along with asking if I was the username listed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back