Sixteen Tons

Half Fast

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Half Fast
There's a very angry drug lord somewhere...

Ah well, his other two shipments probably got through.

Truth. My Dad is retired US Customs Special Agent investigator. You wanna smuggle something into the country?...send it THOUGH Customs!...yup, such a small percentage of imports actually get randomly checked your chances of getting it into the country successfully are higher though Customs vs other illegal import smuggling means if you have your crap together and understand how to game the system.

95% of these cases in reality are discovered via tips. Long story short, the Drug King likely ticked someone off along the way and tipped off the Feds...even though they will report it as crack investigative work on the Fed's end.

Had a conversation with a DEA gal a while back while I was getting a certification while managing a warehouse that handled psuedophederin, phenylephrine, and phenylpropanolamine.... key components for making meth...

At the time there was a "big" drug bust in San Diego, something like 100 LB of cocaine... I asked her about how many pounds a day do they think are smuggled into the country.... her response was "you mean how many tons?" :(

Had a conversation with a DEA gal a while back while I was getting a certification while managing a warehouse that handled psuedophederin, phenylephrine, and phenylpropanolamine.... key components for making meth...
Musthave been a while back. phenylpropanolamine was banned by the fda due to increased stroke risk. worked great though.

Musthave been a while back. phenylpropanolamine was banned by the fda due to increased stroke risk. worked great though.

I beleive that 2000 was the cut off date for OTC dose due to the amount of product in the supply chain.. mostly younger women using them as diet pills... then there was the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005... took all the good stuff off the market.

She had some good stories.... the best was the guys that stole the Airstream trailer, put it in the middle of a field in halfway between Cochran and Hanford CA and started to cook up some meth... Boom!!!!! She said it probably would have gone unnoticed if it was not in the flight path of the Lemoore NAS... after the fire etc... there wasn't much left for identification... but her clincher was..."they may have been dumb... but at least they had good taste in stealing the Airstream..."

When I was a kid back in 1967, we used to play in this field that was mostly wooded near the rail road tracks. It was on the edge of town, not far from the college and was a great place for kids to play. Years go someone had dumped a refrigerator, one of those ancient ones with the motor and coils on top.

One day we noticed that the weeds around the old fridge had been trampled on, and it was sitting upright more than usual. So as inquisitive kids that we were, we opened the door. Inside we found a box, and in that box was several small paper bags, the size that a beer can would fit in, each one about half full of pills. So we jumped on our bikes and rode off to tell one of the guys dad about what we found. We took him to look at it, and he went and called the police.

The police came and looked at it and said it was Seconal. We had no idea what that was at the time. So the police confiscated the box, then shook our hands and thanked us for being good citizens.

Later on the newspaper reported that the drugs were worth $22,000 bucks and was the largest drug find in the county at the time. Later on, after an investigation, the local and well respected pharmacist was arrested and charged with selling Seconal out of his pharmacy. He was convicted and sent to prison for several years, and the pharmacy was shut down.

I mostly remember going to the lunch counter at that pharmacy and getting a banana split for a quarter and sharing it with my dad.

Times have sure changed....

I mostly remember going to the lunch counter at that pharmacy and getting a banana split for a quarter and sharing it with my dad.

I bet you'd even pay the quarter to share a banana split with him today.

As for the word changing...it's turned upside down.

When I was a kid back in 1967, we used to play in this field that was mostly wooded near the rail road tracks. It was on the edge of town, not far from the college and was a great place for kids to play. Years go someone had dumped a refrigerator, one of those ancient ones with the motor and coils on top.

One day we noticed that the weeds around the old fridge had been trampled on, and it was sitting upright more than usual. So as inquisitive kids that we were, we opened the door. Inside we found a box, and in that box was several small paper bags, the size that a beer can would fit in, each one about half full of pills. So we jumped on our bikes and rode off to tell one of the guys dad about what we found. We took him to look at it, and he went and called the police.

The police came and looked at it and said it was Seconal. We had no idea what that was at the time. So the police confiscated the box, then shook our hands and thanked us for being good citizens.

Later on the newspaper reported that the drugs were worth $22,000 bucks and was the largest drug find in the county at the time. Later on, after an investigation, the local and well respected pharmacist was arrested and charged with selling Seconal out of his pharmacy. He was convicted and sent to prison for several years, and the pharmacy was shut down.

Times have sure changed....

So you're telling us that you passed up $22k and deprived a town of its pharmacy? I don't know how you live with yourself...

Back