Need a ruling on lunch...

IMG_3947.JPG

So just how much does Sac Arrow like to eat out? I had leftover tri-tip from a previous BBQ, so I put it in a ziplock bag, stuffed it in my bike jersey, and rode to the burger place. I got a plain salad and put my own tri-tip on it.

By the way, this place actually does tri tip. Its the only fast food restaurant I know that does.

Oh, and they also have sushi grade Ahi tuna fish....

IMG_3941.JPG

Going to Zaxby's for a house Zalad and a sweet tea.

house_zalad.jpg

@FormerHangie did you ever get this all straightened out?

Turns out I was asking the wrong question. I'm not really concerned if I ate out or in, I'm trying to limit the amount of restaurant food that I eat, and I've come to the conclusion that a sub sandwich from Publix doesn't qualify as restaurant food. It's meat and vegetables on a whole grain bun, and when you eat one half for lunch the total price comes out to about $4 including the pretzels, which is closer to home cooking than eating out, price wise. So I didn't exceed my desired intake of restaurant food for the week by going to Zaxby's on Friday. There wasn't anything at home to take anyway..

Turns out I was asking the wrong question. I'm not really concerned if I ate out or in, I'm trying to limit the amount of restaurant food that I eat, and I've come to the conclusion that a sub sandwich from Publix doesn't qualify as restaurant food. It's meat and vegetables on a whole grain bun, and when you eat one half for lunch the total price comes out to about $4 including the pretzels, which is closer to home cooking than eating out, price wise. So I didn't exceed my desired intake of restaurant food for the week by going to Zaxby's on Friday. There wasn't anything at home to take anyway..
Sounds like that sandwich would be healthier than the typical fast food lunch. There is always PB&J if you want to go cheaper. lol

I went to Inn n Out yesterday for my burger ride. I miss my Burger Girls already. But... I forgot to push 'start' on my Strava app. So, the RIDE DIDN"T COUNT. It never counts if you can't gloat about it on the Internet, right? So I guess I will do it again. I'm kind of mad at Habit. They burned my last two burgers.

I went to Inn n Out yesterday for my burger ride. I miss my Burger Girls already. But... I forgot to push 'start' on my Strava app. So, the RIDE DIDN"T COUNT. It never counts if you can't gloat about it on the Internet, right? So I guess I will do it again. I'm kind of mad at Habit. They burned my last two burgers.

A place that specializes in hamburgers that can't cook them properly is no burger place at all. That is, unless those burger girls you are missing happen to work there. :p

Inn and Out? I thought it was In 'n' Out? Oh well. Don't matter. I never ate there when I was stationed in Cali, either time.

OK, I went to the grocery store on Wednesday and bought a sandwich and a bag of pretzels. I ate half the sandwich and some of the pretzels for yesterday's lunch, and the other half and some more pretzels today.

Now for the question: did I go out for lunch yesterday and eat in today, or do both count as eating out, or neither? Cost wise, the sandwich was $6 and the pretzels where $2. It's certainly less expensive than eating out but it's not exactly eating in either.

Yes, I know this is a strange question

I think you are stuck with a dilemma that is based on definitions. Where is it defined that "lunch" has to be at a specific time or place? Really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things where or when you eat - we just do. If you are willing to ignore standard norms and definitions, there isn't an issue nor a question to answer.

Do you eat at Del Taco. I'd liked to forget that experience. Yuck! Soggy, soggy tacos. Taco Bell was so much better at the time.

Can't stand Del Taco. But we have so many real Mexican fast food places here there is no need for Taco Bell.

I think you are stuck with a dilemma that is based on definitions. Where is it defined that "lunch" has to be at a specific time or place? Really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things where or when you eat - we just do. If you are willing to ignore standard norms and definitions, there isn't an issue nor a question to answer.
Capture.JPG

The definition is a regional thing. Breakfast is the morning meal everywhere (I think.) In most of the Western states lunch is the mid-day meal and dinner is the main, and evening meal. In the Midwest, dinner is called supper. In the Southeast, dinner and/or supper occurs during the middle of the day.

The definition is a regional thing. Breakfast is the morning meal everywhere (I think.) In most of the Western states lunch is the mid-day meal and dinner is the main, and evening meal. In the Midwest, dinner is called supper. In the Southeast, dinner and/or supper occurs during the middle of the day.

Currently in NC. Have also lived in SC, GA, FL, and TN. I grew up in IN. In all of these locations, dinner or supper have never been mid day. They were always the evening meal. Mid day has always been lunch. Also dinner and supper were always pretty much synonymous.

Currently in NC. Have also lived in SC, GA, FL, and TN. I grew up in IN. In all of these locations, dinner or supper have never been mid day. They were always the evening meal. Mid day has always been lunch. Also dinner and supper were always pretty much synonymous.
What he ^ said . . .
Born and raised in NC, and always heard, "breakfast, lunch and supper." If someone said, "dinner," it just meant an expensive supper.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What he ^ said . . .
Born and raised in NC, and always heard, "breakfast, lunch and supper." If someone said, "dinner," it just meant an expensive supper.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Really. I always viewed supper as an expensive dinner.

Lunch for me is at 0315..... ‘Course working 3rd shift makes us a little weird. Sometimes we get funny looks ordering fajitas and a beer at 0730...:confused:

A bit of thread drift here, apologies. I don't want to be on your flight after Subway. I haven't eaten Subway in 11 years.

I realize there is likely a good bit of hyperbole/sarcasm in there but food poisoning can happen to anyone at anytime for any reason at any place. Heck, a lot times its not even the restaurant's fault, just the way your body reacts to what you put in it. I've had numerous occasions where I've eaten the same thing as a friend or colleague and only one of us has gotten sick; thankfully the vast majority of the time, neither of us gets sick and only a very very small percentage of the time do I question the food itself because we both got sick.

I think avoiding and being skeptical of the health of anyone that eats at a subway (or any restaurant), especially an entire chain with hundreds of locations, for 11 years because of one bad experience at one restaurant is a bit over the top but do what you want/feel you need to do.

I realize there is likely a good bit of hyperbole/sarcasm in there but food poisoning can happen to anyone at anytime for any reason at any place. Heck, a lot times its not even the restaurant's fault, just the way your body reacts to what you put in it. I've had numerous occasions where I've eaten the same thing as a friend or colleague and only one of us has gotten sick; thankfully the vast majority of the time, neither of us gets sick and only a very very small percentage of the time do I question the food itself because we both got sick.

I think avoiding and being skeptical of the health of anyone that eats at a subway (or any restaurant), especially an entire chain with hundreds of locations, for 11 years because of one bad experience at one restaurant is a bit over the top but do what you want/feel you need to do.

Yes, that was meant to be very sarcastic. At that time, I was an OTR truck driver and ate Subway a lot because that's what was available in my fuel stops. I'm a Quiznos or Jersey Mike's man now, probably as much from over exposure to Subway than anything.

My wife gives me hell about not eating Subway cause she likes it. She can eat wherever she wants when I unchain her from the stove for her monthly trip to town.

Back