For Sale: Club Membership Great 1966 Piper Cherokee northeast of Pittsburgh

Hobobiker

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hobo
Sadly, I’ve moved over five hours away and haven’t flown the plane in well over a year. This is a GREAT flying club and I haven’t found prices this good anywhere near my current location. It just doesn’t make sense to keep paying my monthly dues if I’m never going to fly her.

Aircraft is a very nice 1966 Cherokee 180. Hershey bar wings and trimming from the ceiling. Last I checked she had just over 5000 hours and the new re-manufactured engine had around 550 hours. She has a Garmin GTN 650, GTX 345 Transponder (ADSB), SL30 Nav Com Radio, and a GMA 340 Audio Panel. Stored in a secure hangar with electric doors at KIDI in Indiana PA. Very close to Blairsville, Johnstown, Latrobe, Greensburg, Punxy, and about an hour outside of Pittsburgh.

As for the club, there is a $70 monthly fee that covers hangar expenses, electric, etc. Plane flies for $75/hour wet. I have not found a club membership with costs that low ANYWHERE that I’ve looked in my current northwest Ohio region. There are only nine members (and it may be down to eight at this point, I’m not sure). Only about half of the members actually fly the plane, so it is almost always available and we use a simple online Google calendar for the flight club to reserve it. Each owner has their own keys to the hangar and plane. A couple local A&Ps provide service on the plane and are very familiar with her.

Selling my share for $8,000. A club CFI can be available for serious buyers to look at the plane and take a pre-flight.

Message me if interested and we can talk. Wade

kSkrc4Ml.jpg

1P3s87gl.jpg

ivYWmzEl.jpg

IZICtsyl.jpg

la63jS4l.jpg

Wow. Good luck with the sale. I grew up in N4718L which was a late 66 180 as well and this plane is painted identical to what ours was when my dad owned it. The interior was red vinyl(or leather) seating though and the only difference I can see. This is a trip down memory lane. I love it.

Valuing that airplane at $72,000 may be a stretch, but it is cheap flying and a great plane. We have a very similar one, same year, same panel, about 200 hours on the engine (2500 TT). We pay $40 a month, $70 an hour wet, and shares (10 of them) go for $3k a piece. Ours is a 160.

Valuing that airplane at $72,000 may be a stretch, but it is cheap flying and a great plane. We have a very similar one, same year, same panel, about 200 hours on the engine (2500 TT). We pay $40 a month, $70 an hour wet, and shares (10 of them) go for $3k a piece. Ours is a 160.

Necropost a bit but regarding the price, (and we're not supposed to talk price) but the value depends upon if there's eight or nine owners. It also depends upon if they have an engine reserve. And/or maintenance reserve

hi Did you sell? what club is this - call [redacted] thx Vinod

INDIANA COUNTY FLYING CLUB INC
BLAIRSVILLE , PA, US

According to the registration. Also if there's no response here just try the FBO at the airport. I'm sure they know the owner.

Back