• Other

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters

genna

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ТУ-104
I'm sure this was probably asked before, but i'm being too lazy to search it. So, what brand do POAers typically fly? You may select up to 2 answers.

Let's keep this limited to GA. No need to include your 747 here.

Last edited:
I'll go with Cessna since I fly more than one of them. I fly my Meyer Little Toot, a Cessna 170, a Cessna 182, a Maule, a Piper Lance, and anything else someone will let me fly!

2 "other" happened because i tried to edit the poll to add another item but it ended up adding another "Other" . I cannot change it now. I suspect it's because votes have been made.

I would have liked to see "LSA" as a choice (as there as too many to list individually).

Hawker 800
82397d72f89f7c31f195c05214a28f35.jpg

c372c7626749066878eb50ec617d0fc8.jpg

That's just silly...silly I say! Based on the fact that as of this writing, five votes are for "other" with no explanation.
OK. I'm one of the "others" along with one of the listed makes. In my case, the other" is a Diamond.

Needs an LSA choice.

Surprised by how many 'other' and experimental choices were selected. Cool!

The results of this are really interesting.
I would have guessed that Cessna was #1....most of us probably learned to fly in a Cessna.
But I would not have guessed that Experimental was #2.

Very interesting.
What does that say about GA?

FWIW, I chose Cessna and experimental also...

I would have guessed that Cessna was #1....most of us probably learned to fly in a Cessna.

Very interesting.
What does that say about GA?

FWIW, I chose Cessna and experimental also...

I think everyone expects Cessna to be #1. I expect Piper, experimental, or "other" -- last two being catch-all -- to be behind Cessna but well ahead of the others. I am curious how we break down for Cirrus, Mooney, Beech.

my liberty xl 2 ,after all it is my retirement airplane.and occasional piper pa28 series.

Um.... you weren't the last one to fly that 206, were you.??

No. It was the boss. He destroyed several.

On September 8, 1997, at 1006 hours Pacific daylight time, a Bell 206B, N770GG, attempted to taxi to takeoff with the tie down chains still attached at the Napa, California, airport. The helicopter rolled over and one of the main rotor blades separated; a 3-foot section of the blade penetrated the side of a building and landed on a desk. The aircraft sustained substantial damage and the private pilot, the sole occupant, received minor injuries. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed at the accident site, and no flight plan was filed. The personal flight was originating at the time.

Federal Aviation Administation inspectors from the Sacramento Flight Standards District Office responded to the airport, interviewed the pilot, and inspected the aircraft. The pilot reported to the inspectors that he did not routinely tie the aircraft down at night. Ramp personnel tied the aircraft down the night before due to high winds at the airport. The pilot reported to the inspectors that he performed his preflight and did not look down at the skids, nor did he notice the tie down chains.

I probably fly Pipers more than anything else but I regularly fly more types and brands than I can list in this poll.

I probably fly Pipers more than anything else but I regularly fly more types and brands than I can list in this poll.

Jealous. My club just has two 172s. I wish there was a decent club around that had a variety of makes & models.

Jealous. My club just has two 172s. I wish there was a decent club around that had a variety of makes & models.

I get some unique opportunities because I've got some friends with obscure taste in airplanes. I maintain the planes for them and as part of the deal they've given me access to them. It works out great for all parties involved, the planes are better cared for when the mechanic knows all the quirks of the plane because they fly them. :)

Experimental (Racing and exhibition) German Glider LS6b, is what I put the most hours per year in on average.
This past year a C-120 and C-172 probably got a few more houses than my typical 75-100 per year in my glider.

Either a c172 that’s my club plane, or my old Cessna 140... I’ll take lil old Shirley as I named her any day over the 172 if the mission doesn’t require those extra seats... I just got her in November and it’s been the joy of a lifetime, second only to being a dad, to call an airplane my own...

I always switch planes and try to get time in lots of different stuff. Planes in the hangar now.
Cessna 172
Pitts S1C
J-3 Cub
Stearman
M35 Bonanza
V35B Bonanza

MD-11F at work. Cessna 180 at home. Once in a while my neighbors 206 or PA-18 on floats.

I always switch planes and try to get time in lots of different stuff. Planes in the hangar now.
Cessna 172
Pitts S1C
J-3 Cub
Stearman
M35 Bonanza
V35B Bonanza

Dualing Bonanzas. :eek:

Not any more it isn't...

Back