Under 30? FAA hiring controllers....

Does the Academy still have separate Terminal and Center classes or is it all the same? If still separate, which one do CERAP guys go through?

Still separate courses. Terminal is about 2 months, Center about 3.

I can't speak to the CERAP, but I wonder if there are two pools inside the CERAP? Terminal side and Center side.

Still separate courses. Terminal is about 2 months, Center about 3.

I can't speak to the CERAP, but I wonder if there are two pools inside the CERAP? Terminal side and Center side.

Is it pass/fail now? I was an Instructor there in 2007. It was not pass/fail then but there was talk off going back to it

Is it pass/fail now? I was an Instructor there in 2007. It was not pass/fail then but there was talk off going back to it

Yes, it is pass/fail. Your score still matters though. You choose facilities off a list given to your class and the highest scorer goes first and so on down the line.

For a while (I'm not sure if this is still in effect), they also had a certain number of mandatory facilities for each class. So if you graduated with 10 people, there might be 12 facilities to choose from - but 2 of them were mandatory. If the first 8 people didn't take the 2 mandatory ones, numbers 9 and 10 in the class were then restricted to those 2 choices.

Does the Academy still have separate Terminal and Center classes or is it all the same? If still separate, which one do CERAP guys go through?

Everyone goes through enroute at the academy (edit- CERAP controllers go through enroute. there are still terminal and enroute courses) those who end up going to approach once they get here eventually go back to OKC for a month of radar training.

Yes, it is pass/fail. Your score still matters though. You choose facilities off a list given to your class and the highest scorer goes first and so on down the line.

For a while (I'm not sure if this is still in effect), they also had a certain number of mandatory facilities for each class. So if you graduated with 10 people, there might be 12 facilities to choose from - but 2 of them were mandatory. If the first 8 people didn't take the 2 mandatory ones, numbers 9 and 10 in the class were then restricted to those 2 choices.

as of last year they made it so every slot is mandatory. 12 graduates, 12 choices. my class had 10 out of the 18 we started with pass. that wasn't totally out of line from what many see. of course, there are classes that do better, and some that do worse.

Back