Best flashlight for A&P?

My IA and his brother, also an IA, both use a similar type flashlight. They love the USB recharge capability via wall or car.

My IA and his brother, also an IA, both use a similar type flashlight. They love the USB recharge capability via wall or car.

Yes, I have a long ride to the airport and love the recharger.

recommend for a flashlight
It's really subjective to the person like tools. But never had just one: classic Mag-Lite C cell for general use, Mini Mag-lite AA on my belt; however, used various types of headlights on more occasions with the Coast Lenzer HL7 as my last one. If I was still working, one of those new 18v rechargeable work/trouble lights would be in my box also.

I use a $5 LED from TSC....it's bright and if I lose it in a plane....no biggie. :D

I’ve carried a streamlight stylus pro light 24/7 for the past 10 or so years. It’s about all I use for both my real job and my part time aircraft maintenance work. This is partially because my job supplies the lights, but even if they didn’t I don’t think I would change.

I use a streamlight pro-tac 2l-x. High setting works well for inspecting our jets at night outdoors, low when in the hangar. Work supplies batteries which helps a lot.

this one from HF is kinda nice. I have it....

63958_W3.jpg

I have the above HF light as well but you also need one with rubber that you can stick in your mouth when no magnetic surface exists and you need both your hands.

Back