Wrong diagnose wait time 10 yrs

R

rrsg

Is it necessary to wait 10 years after getting out of wrong diagnose, or this can be fixed by med eraser or higher grade evaluation?

Not enough information in evidence to answer the question properly.

What diagnosis and/or condition is this about?

Diagnose was "psychosys"
There still isn't enough information for the group of us non-AME's to accurately comment. So my suggestion is to reach out directly to Dr. Lou Fowler of Pensacola or Dr. Bruce Chien of Bolingbrook, IL for a consultation and private discussion of your case. Once they are properly informed of the details, they can advise of the steps necessary to make an application for an FAA medical.

But I can guess the following: if you have a past psychological diagnosis that you believe incorrect, then it will be on you to follow the process of how you are now that can be used to remedy the old diagnosis. This likely means meeting and being tested by many psychiatrists and neurological-psychologists, and very likely testing by the HIMS neuropsychologists. This last group are very small in number, requires referral by a HIMS AME, and may be a required item to satisfy the FAA.

All of this will require a significant budget of both money and time. And all money will be out of pocket as insurance is unlikely to cover.

And in the end, once all the testing is done, it won't guarantee a successful FAA medical certification. So you need to be prepared for that too.

All of this will require a significant budget of both money and time. And all money will be out of pocket as insurance is unlikely to cover.

$5-10k and 6 months is a good starting guess. But much depends on the unknown details.

a psychosis will require an FAA psychiatric evaluation to deem you ok to hold a medical certificate. If you think you no longer have said diagnosis, and your personal doctor agrees, then to seek a consult with your local AME.

Thanks doc for help. I do not have longer that diagnose, i quit all medicine 3 years ago, with green light from my own doctor, took me two years (first citalopram, then abilify). At some period I felt "electrical zaps" or how doctors call that (withdrawals symptome, came back to bit higher dose, and when I was stable for months or two, and continued until total 0 ml of Citalopram and Abilify in my veins.

I was afrad to do that fast, 'cause quitting cold turkey my medicine, was not fun.

Btw, if somebody sees sometimes gramatical errors, wrong spelling, etc in my writing, it is not because I am ill, I am not native English speaker :)

Psychosis in the past is totally grounding.
The INFORMAL standard thereafter is if you can show ten years of no recurrence, good psychiatry hygiene and function by qualified personnel, they will at least give you a serious re-look.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back