Other realistic push pull planes?

Fiveslide

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Fiveslide
I know of the Cessna 337 and really love that plane. Are there any others to choose from that you might know off the top of your head?

Are there any other comparable designs that aren't super rare and older?

Rutan Defient

Since we’re not talking “super rare” another common push pull is the Dornier D0 335. Not very old either. ;)

Thank you, all. None of these planes do it for me like the 337.

None of these planes do it for me like the 337.

Would this one do it for you..??

Dornier-Do-X-1.jpg

I don't really want a float plane. ;)

Understandable. Looks like you already have the ultimate "float kit" in your avatar pic. :)

But if you think a helicopter is a mechanical contraption, just wait till you get a 337. ;)

Understandable. Looks like you already have the ultimate "float kit" in your avatar pic. :)

But if you think a helicopter is a mechanical contraption, just wait till you get a 337. ;)

Ha, that's not my chopper or trawler! We did own a boat very similar to it that the wife and I lived on for a while. I stole that photo from a for sale ad on yachtworld, the ad really hyped up the fact that a helicopter could land on it after some owner modification. I just thought it was hilarious.

I don't really want a float plane. ;)

Actually, if that plane had a nice yachty interior, I could see myself owning one and cruising El Caribe. I would need much, much deeper pockets than I have, though.

Interior like this... Yeah I'd do it.

CDiMky6AqoYWnztG6

Attachments

• downloadfile.jpg
    downloadfile.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 22
Fuel burn....only 250 gal/hr.

Edit: double that. I just noticed 12 engines!

I'd have to sell my body for sex just to afford a half day. Not even the fun sex, stuff that involves a donkey and a ton of shame, I imagine.

Fuel burn....only 250 gal/hr.

Edit: double that. I just noticed 12 engines!

And the tractor propellers are four blade, and the pusher propellers are two blade. That's odd.

Last edited:
That's odd.
The original air-cooled radial engine powered version had 4-bladed pusher props. It went to a 2-blade pusher when the Curtis V-12 water-cooled engines were installed. But I've never read anything on why. Perhaps the Curtis were powerful enough in total there was no need for a 4-blade on the rear engines???

Back