Retractable Pontoons??? Fly out a crashed airplane???

Looks more like he lowered the wheels.

Given GPS is so accurate, there should be a gear down warning, any time an amphibian is near a water landing with the gear down. Kind of like the old Piper "magic hand."

Does landing upside down count as a landing?

Everybody always says, a good landing is one you can walk away from, or in this case, swim away from.

Sure, they're going to flip the plane upright and just fly it away. Who are the ignorant people who write this nonsense? Do they ever consult someone who might know what they're talking about before printing? Of course not, that would take time and they must be the first to report it. I'm sure glad I don't work in that world.

Sure, they're going to flip the plane upright and just fly it away. Who are the ignorant people who write this nonsense? Do they ever consult someone who might know what they're talking about before printing? Of course not, that would take time and they must be the first to report it. I'm sure glad I don't work in that world.

I’m sure we have at least one or two private pilots on here willing to ferry it out of there.

Who needs two wings after all?

Wow... what a read.....

So, I wonder if I tell a reporter that if they fill the floats with helium then they can float the plane off the reservoir......

Good one, I was thinking the same thing... I doubt he 'landed' that way.

And since we're picking nits... planes have floats. Boats have pontoons.

Calling them pontoons is actually acceptable terminology though floats is the more preferred term.

:ohsnap:

Perhaps the idea of flying it out needs to be reconsidered.

Cheers

I think that plane's flying days are over!

Several of the flying boat designs have retractible sponsons.

That Beaver will be rebuilt, without doubt. You should have seen the piles of junk that Kenmore Air Harbor rebuilt from US Army wrecks.

Also.....(Okay, satire here for the oblivious) a Beaver will not fly without a windshield, so they won't be flying it out.

That Beaver will be rebuilt, without doubt. You should have seen the piles of junk that Kenmore Air Harbor rebuilt from US Army wrecks.

Also.....(Okay, satire here for the oblivious) a Beaver will not fly without a windshield, so they won't be flying it out.

Slung under a Chinook, maybe.

I have flown a number of crashed planes.

Of course they had been repaired and put back into service before I flew them....

"Invasive species" is the rationale for making the reservoir off limits to seaplanes? What about all the boats trailered there? Are they checked?

Back