New guy from Cape Cod

Gordon Gibbons

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
G Squared
Hello all- Just wanted to say hello, I have been doing some reading here recently but I wanted to start being an active member.

After literally a lifetime of looking toward the sky and wishing I was there, I'm just starting out in aviation. I completed the MZeroA Online Ground School and will be scheduling my knowledge test very soon. Thanks for letting me be a part of the community! -Gordie

Hello all- Just wanted to say hello, I have been doing some reading here recently but I wanted to start being an active member.

After literally a lifetime of looking toward the sky and wishing I was there, I'm just starting out in aviation. I completed the MZeroA Online Ground School and will be scheduling my knowledge test very soon. Thanks for letting me be a part of the community! -Gordie

Welcome! Cape Cod was were my love of aviation began, and it started with a ride in a yellow Detroiter doing sightseeing rides out of Ptown on my 16th birthday.

Welcome! I enjoyed helping teach some of the summer courses at the Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole. Good luck! That's a great place to fly.

Welcome! Cape Cod was were my love of aviation began, and it started with a ride in a yellow Detroiter doing sightseeing rides out of Ptown on my 16th birthday.

Hi Brad, thanks for that. It’s funny, my very first airplane ride was out of PTown also. It was on a PBA DC-3 to Boston. Probably back in 1978 or so, age 7 or so.

Welcome Gordon, I grew up just west of W. Springfield but never made to the Cape living so far 'out West'. Been to Boston only a handful of times, I'm a Yankee at heart; literally grew up reading Yankee Magazine cover to cover.

Welcome aboard, Gordon! Spent last week-end in your beautiful area...in from Ohio. Based out of Marshfield for the week-end, and flew to lunch in Provincetown (the long way :) on Saturday. Absolutely beautiful place to fly!

Jim

Learned to fly @ Plymouth back in the 70's..., worked there too. I went back recently after re-earning my PPL and after buying a plane... cool experience. Great airport then, an even better one now. Nothing like flying over the Ocean... have fun !

Welcome Gordie, I just flew to Martha's Vineyard yesterday, great area to fly! I fly out of Bedford.

Thank you for all the replies. I am certain I’ll be looking for advise and wisdom in the days and weeks ahead!

Back