Aspen E5 and TruTrak Installation

Kevin Holbrook

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mountainlover
Hello all,

I am building the wiring harness for an Aspen E5 while my plane is down for some maintenance. I expect to have a TruTrak AP to install before putting the plane back together. I know that integration between these is on the way, but that some people have already wired the units together.

I can't find documentation from either manufacturer about the interconnects, probably because Aspen E5 and TruTrak aren't officially a "thing" yet.

To those that have done this, did you just do [Navigator ARINC(430W for me)] ==> E5 ==> TruTrak? Or did you use a switch so that either the navigator OR the Aspen can drive the TruTrak? What about the RS-232 from the navigator?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

You would want a DPDTswitch to switch the ARINC lines to the TruTrak. I don’t know the output from the Aspen wiring, but the output from the 430W will be the same as that going to the Aspen. I assume the output from the Aspen to the 430W would be the source for the other side of the switch to the TruTrak, but I’m not sure. That’s how it works for the G5.

Back