Whoopsie -- Helicopter Rescue Becomes Carnival Ride From Hell

ElPaso Pilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
ElPaso Pilot
This clip of the Phoenix Police’s A109E helicopter carrying the [74 year old female] patient up from the Earth in a basket on ABC 15 Arizona went lowkey viral today because, well, if you don’t want to take a look for yourself–the poor wrapped-up rescuee just spins and and spins and oh my god. It goes from kind of funny at first to seriously making your stomach turn...

Helicopter pilot Paul Apolinar explained that that in the last six years, the hoist in the video was used “210 times” and spins like what happened today have “happened twice.”.

https://jalopnik.com/helicopter-rescue-briefly-becomes-carnival-ride-from-he-1835253308

JFC! and the worst part is "its happened before". dont care if its once in 200. shouldnt they have a line on it from the ground (held by a rescuer) to keep this from happening? this could, quite literally, scare someone to death.

Another thread on this already

Omg I bet she was wondering if getting rescued was really worth it for a minute! Hollleeeiieee crap

Dizzy? I'll be the lady couldn't stand up for week.

It could be worse than getting dizzy. If you remember the Red Bull skydive from space, the guy doing that was coached by the previous record holder for highest jump. One of the coaches Buddies was not so lucky and on a jump got into an out of control soon high up in the atmosphere where there was not enough air to control his motion using aerodynamics and his head popped off (or at least his brain stem disconnected from the spin).

That's why tag lines are important.

Back