[Video] Crash Test of 2018/2019 Model Pickup Trucks

Fascinating.

Titan driver here, glad it got a good result.

Who cares? Does it make your penis look bigger? That's the main thing. :D
Other way around. You know what they say about guys who drive big trucks right?

I’d much rather drive something along the lines of, say, a VW hatchback.

They don’t build Emile they used to, and that’s a good thing. Love those fuzzy dice.

I can see you driving a Yugo. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Man, such a sad ending for the classic '59 Bel Air.

A few weeks ago I witnessed a collision between a 2001 1/2 ton F-150 and a 4 door 2016 1/2 ton GMC. The Ford driver tried to swerve to avoid, but they hit ride sides together, no frontal damage at all. The GMC driver had a moment of panic and hit the throttle and accelerated into the curb and short 2 foot tall retaining wall. I got out to help the GMC driver, and all I could see inside was a cocoon of airbags. I opened the door and had to push the bags out of the way to check on the driver. The elderly lady looked at me and asked what happened.

I told her she had been in an accident and asked if she was Ok. She was ok, just scared and shaken up a little. But the air bags, I did not realize there was so many inside. It looked like a pillow store inside. The F-150 could have been driven home if the driver would have had a valid drivers license and proof of financial responsibility and no outstanding warrants on him. I don't know how many air bags are in a 2001 F-150 but none were activated.

The damage to the front of the GMC was minimal. It looked to me that a new bumper and lower grill would all it needed to be good again.

. . . I don't know how many air bags are in a 2001 F-150 but none were activated.

The damage to the front of the GMC was minimal. It looked to me that a new bumper and lower grill would all it needed to be good again.

‘01 F-150 likely only had the standard driver and passenger air bags. No side curtain, a-pillar or rear air bags were available. You even had a slot in the dash to turn off the passenger air bag with your ignition key in case you had a shorter occupant in the passenger seat.

‘01 F-150 likely only had the standard driver and passenger air bags. No side curtain, a-pillar or rear air bags were available. You even had a slot in the dash to turn off the passenger air bag with your ignition key in case you had a shorter occupant in the passenger seat.

I figured as much. My 2005 GMC just has the standard airbags with the passenger side shut off. I thought the passenger side shut off was there because I am cheap too cheap to turn it on...:lol::lol:

I got a recall notice to have the driver side airbag replaced on my 2013 Subaru. Only problem is the closest authorized repair shop is 118 miles away. So much fun living in a rural area.

Everyone complains about how things were built better in the good ole days but the Bel Aire video shows just how much better some things are engineered nowadays.

Everyone complains about how things were built better in the good ole days but the Bel Aire video shows just how much better some things are engineered nowadays.
True, and the engines and other mechanical parts in today's cars last a whole lot longer than they did in that Bel Aire, also. While the classic cars may look great, today's cars are so much more comfortable and have so many more nice features, IMO.

Yeah, as I watched the "poor" crash result in the first video, I was just thinking it looks pretty pleasant compared to the accidents I was in pre 1990's.

True, and the engines and other mechanical parts in today's cars last a whole lot longer than they did in that Bel Aire, also. While the classic cars may look great, today's cars are so much more comfortable and have so many more nice features, IMO.
Thank God that aircraft still have carburetors, magnetos with points, silk threads, and all of that 1920's technology that God intended us to use.

Difficult to haul a couple cubic yards of woodchips or couches in a VW hatchback.

Another interesting NASA crash video

I do like the rockets at the end.

Gotta love it. Geee, we don't have a crane tall enough to get the impact speed we want..... Let's bolt some rockets to it!!!! Yeah baby!

Yeah. As much as I like to watch these videos, I hate to see a classic like that get mercilessly destroyed for the sake of a video demonstration.
Me too. I love vintage cars and this was a completely pointless exercise.

Duh.

The fifty year old car was worse.

How much did they spend on this useless waste??

I hate this video.

Not to create too much thread drift... but why do most of today's car have to look like ****?

Not to create too much thread drift... but why do most of today's car have to look like ****?

Well, part of the reason is regulations. It's why so many vehicles look more similar to each other today. Regulations on bumper height, lights/side marker locations, crash test standards, etc. force the designs and measurements of each vehicle to be closer to one another. CAFE fuel standards mean there are only so many iterations of a shape that can meet aero-requirements. Designers get stuck with adding body lines to the door panels or rear facia. It isn't about making cars look bad, but they are getting more and more homogeneous.

Back