You're dead.

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
So let's say you die suddenly. Sorry it had to happen.

Your house is now being cleaned out by people. Are you embarrassed by anything they may find? I know what you're thinking what do you care what others think my stuff I can have what I want.

I have been kind of obsessed with reading about the Holocaust. But I hope that if I were to die suddenly someone would get rid of it before my parents found them.

I have been kind of obsessed with reading about the Holocaust. But I hope that if I were to die suddenly someone would get rid of it before my parents found them.
I am having a hard time understanding why having Holocaust materials would be embarrassing.

(Except if your parents are either Nazis or Holocaust-denying conspiracy types.)

I've got nothing to hide. I'd be more concerned about the sheer quantity of worthless stuff I'd have left behind but I've recently reduced it enough that I don't think I'd be embarrassed any more.

As my wife once said “men shouldn’t wear white underwear.” She and I will have a ‘brief’ discussion tonight, if I live that long.

They’ll find enough aviation crap to open a small museum but nothing that I would be embarrassed about. At least my ghost self wouldn’t be embarrassed.

Embarrassing?.....no, not really.
Illegal?.....yeah, probably.

There’s a lot of freedom in not being duplicitous. For those who are, I kind of doubt that this forum is the place they’ll decide to come clean.

Embarrassment is for the folks who care about what others think. The dead don’t care and neither do the living who don’t care.

My loved ones are already well aware of my sense of humor so the dank meme collections will be no surprise.

As for all the physical crap, well I'm dead I don't really care.

Thankfully, I can't think of anything that would embarrass my wife for my family to see about me.

The spreadsheets of every penny I've ever spent might raise some eyebrows...

Rich

I was 20 years old, I enlisted a couple of my friends to help my Mom move in with her new husband. They found her sex toy box under her bed. I was embarrassed, I never mentioned it to her but I imagine she would have been embarrassed.

I don't think I'll have anything I don't want others to see.

The spreadsheets of every penny I've ever spent might raise some eyebrows...

Rich
Not if I am cleaning out your house. Which I am not.

I convinced my father to start shredding all his old papers that are useless from years of keeping receipts and records (I am executor). I have dealt with both my inlaws deaths and trying to sort through what is useful vs isnt is a real pain, especially when you know they are broke. You never know if they left something good or not and if something would be important.

I need to practice what I preach. There are drawers of papers I don’t need anymore. But I doubt I have anything embarrassing around.

Nothing would worry me while dead. In fact when I died 5 years ago (I was revived via AED) nothing really changed afterwards at the house or hangar:D

Cheers

"Damn, this guy never finished any of all these projects!!"
In my case: "Well, we knew Dad almost never finished anything, so now we've got to figure out what to do with all this crap."

They will find a list of names. Some of which are crossed off with lipstick.

22686eda705f13e9570bd8d70608e6f8.jpg

My wife’s uncle recently passed away. The comment made by another aunt was that what was in the house would have his mother spinning in her grave.

He was basically a squatter in his mother’s house. She passed away 20 years ago.

Back