Accidental Medical Omission, need advice.

CessnaSkyChickenRG

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
CessnaSkyChickenRG
Hello all.

I've held a 3rd class medical for about 2 years and just found out that I have a mental health diagnosis. After a family tragedy when I was younger I saw a psychiatrist for some time. I never knew I had any sort of diagnosis until a few days ago when I learned I was diagnosed with "adjustment disorder" at one point. I marked "no" on the mental disorders question when getting my medical. I've never been on any meds, nor have I had any type of treatment for this in years.

How can I go about making this right? Where do I stand?

Paging @bbchien for this one.

How old are you now....10 years of good psychiatric hygeine and function goes a long way in the eyes of the FAA, for something like that. the bummer is getting all that documented!

Dr. Chien, Thank you for getting back to me. I just sent a message through on your website.

I just had another similar ... FAA HIMS shrink called to let me know a non-HIMS case I sent him to simply erase the PTSD VA Dx failed a random urine. He does on his 1 visit with all his FAA airman. Called airman: "oh errrr i sorta did not mention that to you doc"! Please: THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH & NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!

How old are you now....10 years of good psychiatric hygeine and function goes a long way in the eyes of the FAA, for something like that. the bummer is getting all that documented!

Doc,

I’ve got a commercial add-on student right now who just mentioned how once upon a time his mom dragged him into the shrink and 20 minutes later he was on meds for bad grades—adhd I believe was the condition. He was on meds on and off for a year and claims he never touched them again. He’s got his SEL add-on ride tomorrow morning and then leaves for a 135 op in a week. He’s got a new first class and the look on his face when I told him that adhd was a non-fly type of deal was horrifying.

What’re his next steps?

Doc,

I’ve got a commercial add-on student right now who just mentioned how once upon a time his mom dragged him into the shrink and 20 minutes later he was on meds for bad grades—adhd I believe was the condition. He was on meds on and off for a year and claims he never touched them again. He’s got his SEL add-on ride tomorrow morning and then leaves for a 135 op in a week. He’s got a new first class and the look on his face when I told him that adhd was a non-fly type of deal was horrifying.

What’re his next steps?
to get through quickly, he needs the federal adhd screening battery, negative urine during the testing, but the HIMS Neuro-psychologist who does/scores it, needs his entire medical record and a copy of his FAA medical record, which has to not have been in the airman’s custody......so this is NOT FAST.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back