ferry pilot needed

I no longer Have a medical.
Tom, you simply can't let little things like regulatory details keep you from doing things. You'll never get anything done that way.

bucket

Let's see if I understand.

We have a non commercial pilot wanting to ferry an unairworthy plane for another pilot who doesn't have a medical and who doesn't actually own the plane because the current owner won't sell it to him.

So, why can't we get this done?

When did you get your commercial license again? :p
Wouldn’t need one.

a PP may fly someone else's plane somewhere as long as the PP pays all the direct expenses of the flight themselves and receives no other form of compensation (monetary or otherwise). As long as the PP meets the Part 61 requirements to act as PIC of the aircraft then there should be no reason the PP cannot do such a flight as long as they don’t receive any compensation from the aircraft owner in any form. Been done many times.

We have a non commercial pilot wanting to ferry an unairworthy plane for another pilot who doesn't have a medical and who doesn't actually own the plane because the current owner won't sell it to him.

Putting the cart before the horse aren’t we? The whole deal was contingent on Tom purchasing the aircraft and certifying it as airworthy (or having an approved ferry permit). Unless said ferry permit required a CPL holder to act as PIC, than being a non-commercial pilot is irrelevant.

Well put,,so let it go away.

Wouldn’t need one.

a PP may fly someone else's plane somewhere as long as the PP pays all the direct expenses of the flight themselves and receives no other form of compensation (monetary or otherwise). As long as the PP meets the Part 61 requirements to act as PIC of the aircraft then there should be no reason the PP cannot do such a flight as long as they don’t receive any compensation from the aircraft owner in any form. Been done many times.
There ya go. Some one assumed I was going to pay. :)

There ya go. Some one assumed I was going to pay. :)
Everyone loves to assume a lot, but I’d take the opportunity to get some dirt cheap XC time.

Everyone loves to assume a lot, but I’d take the opportunity to get some dirt cheap XC time.
Would have been fun, too bad it didn't work. I offered $18k for the old 172 just because it was a unmolested low time A/C, he wanted a lot more.

Would have been fun, too bad it didn't work. I offered $18k for the old 172 just because it was a unmolested low time A/C, he wanted a lot more.
Bummer. It would’ve been a blast. Maybe next time!

volunteer needed, to bring an old 172 from Va. to OKH

How much will you charge?

the aircraft has no working radio, the old 300 ARC is non-op.

The aircraft is out of annual, and the 0-300 is high time.

Dying is much of a way to make a living.

Wait, I don't have a commercial ticket but I am a commercial drone pilot. All we need to do is have Tom convert it to a drone and we're in business!

but the plane sounds like a pile of poo.
You don’t know without seeing it. I’m sure it was going to be a project airplane for Tom.

Good point, double pile of poo.
Low time early 172s are difficult to find, and they are easy turn arounds, and fast sellers.
Buy at $18 invest $5k sell for $40.
And we all know pilots will buy paint and radios.

Low time early 172s are difficult to find, and they are easy turn arounds, and fast sellers.
Buy at $18 invest $5k sell for $40.
And we all know pilots will buy paint and radios.

Paint and radios for $5k. In your dreams.

Strippers always end up costing more money than you think. Trust me!
I'll grant ya, your not going to totally restore any aircraft for 5k but you can go a long ways to make it a nice aircraft.

I'll grant ya, your not going to totally restore any aircraft for 5k but you can go a long ways to make it a nice aircraft.

Maybe $33k nicefor $5k, but not $40k nice unless you fish hard for a sucker.

Maybe $33k nicefor $5k, but not $40k nice unless you fish hard for a sucker.
wouldn't require much fishing. just a lot of elbow grease.

Back