ferry pilot needed

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
volunteer needed, to bring an old 172 from Va. to OKH

How much will you charge?

the aircraft has no working radio, the old 300 ARC is non-op.

The aircraft is out of annual, and the 0-300 is high time.

I've ferried a number of planes the (new) owner was afraid to fly, and I should have been. This sounds like that sort of opportunity. :rolleyes: :confused:

Where in Virginia? I need to get my plane from Portland to Texas in the next few weeks and that sounds like an adventure.

Don't need no stinkin' radios... o_O

Is there a waiver for the annual? That could change the price by a a few mil.

All right. New Bucket List item.

Where in Virginia? I need to get my plane from Portland to Texas in the next few weeks and that sounds like an adventure.

Don't need no stinkin' radios... o_O

You just saved Tom the dif in airfare from Portland to VA from TX to VA. Ya do wanna get there on his dime dontcha

Let's see ... a couple thousand nautical miles at ~ 100 kts, into typical prevailing headwinds, with a crossing of the Rockies (after flying through the Appalachians) on a ferry permit due to out of annual (by how many annums?)
Adventure with a capital A. Twenty years ago I'd have done it.

Yep, this is something I would have done without question when I was young and invincible. It’s nice that our priorities change, though - us old guys can step out of the way and make room for the kids to build time and make a little money.

Sorry, the seller refused my offer.

Is it likely to get a ferry permit for such a long flight with the aircraft out of annual?

I did this once, as a kid. Ferried a brand new PA-18-150 from Lock Haven to Vancouver, for the western states Piper distributor. Didn't get paid, but they bought the airline ticket eastward.

I did this once, as a kid. Ferried a brand new PA-18-150 from Lock Haven to Vancouver, for the western states Piper distributor. Didn't get paid, but they bought the airline ticket eastward.

Wow, cool. I did that, too! I worked for a company called SPAD Aero and ferried new Piper airplanes from Lock Haven and Opa Locka to San Jose, CA.

IFR in IMC in a brand new Arrow over the Gulf of Mexico... That was an adventure!

One of the "M"'s will probably do it. @overdrive148 ?????

I only ferry one kind of aircraft :cool:

xi6Qw5p.png

Dang, and we could have played PoA Russian Roulette, monkey style. I'd fly from point A to point B. If I made it, Farlow flies from point B to point C, etc.

So, have you ever thought to slinging a bosuns chair to that monster instead of the camera mount and give rides?

That'd fall under Part 135 probably :(

But yes I have thought about it. Wouldn't hold that much on its own but if I flew several at once...

I had an old friend who used to do a lot of ferry flights. He once told me, "I've crashed in more planes than you've flown in." Rest well, Pat... you earned it.

Dang, and we could have played PoA Russian Roulette, monkey style. I'd fly from point A to point B. If I made it, Farlow flies from point B to point C, etc.

Then how would you get from point B back to point A.?? :idea::lol:

Back