Daily Pic

Polytechnic University in Florida on my 2nd solo XC!
0984b26655d8e3b9e8cb2b8bb11e37f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Flying from San Jose to Santa Paula yesterday morning to drop my plane off for its annual. Beautiful day for flying. Lots of marine layer clouds, and then this one puffy little cumulus cloud showed up all by itself...

Lots more of those by the time I was on my Southwest airlines flight home yesterday afternoon. The elderly woman next to me kept saying to her seatmate “I hope the captain knows about those clouds”

6f08eabf0ff44c81a0f642fe17e7f85a.jpg
97884306825bd212e1b92de3ef695c87.jpg
54a26a4e2592ea0ad812fdef723edcc4.jpg

Oh yes, Not my favorite field, no wonder I didn’t recognize!

Do they still not have awos, or has that been fixed?

Going through some old files from photo chase work using medium format film cameras. This was from VX-30 legacy flight at NAS PT Mugu in the mid 90’s. We flew formation for opening day over Dodger Stadium. Darn near missed Chavez Ravine in the scud lol

View attachment 74467
What were you in?

For the legacy flight here, right seat P3 Orion. We had a metro liner and a C-130 to our port. Yep, the metro was fire walled. The QF4-J has to deploy leading edge slats to slow down enough. Almost needed to drop gear. The F-14 was able to keep wings swept but almost needed to bring wings fwd. Geaux Navy!

Slow flight for the fighters.

And we didn’t swap paint either

You folks sure have posted some great pics! I have lived my "flying life" vicariously though all the great shots over the last eleven months. I finally got some right seat time in our new to us plane. Fellow pilot and Commander Club member Bill H took time out from his vacation time and met me at Ocean City.

I'm still right seat until I get my transition training completed. Hopefully, that will start Monday, we shall see. I made contact with another CFII with Commander experience and he is available.

Our new to us plane...
3TC air to air.jpg

Going through some old files from photo chase work using medium format film cameras. This was from VX-30 legacy flight at NAS PT Mugu in the mid 90’s. We flew formation for opening day over Dodger Stadium. Darn near missed Chavez Ravine in the scud lol

View attachment 74467

F4 remains one of the bad-a**iest fighters of all time. Something about the anhedral of those tail feathers....

F4 remains one of the bad-a**iest fighters of all time. Something about the anhedral of those tail feathers....
Indeed. My best times were sitting on that Martin Baker ejection seat in the F4. The NACES seat in the Hornet was like a Lazy Boy in comparison. I always looked twice when grabbing the handle to open/lower the canopy. To many yellow things with black stripes that could ruin my day.

Back