Wanted: Partnership SE WI, NE IL Cirrus SR22T

Bertcoin

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Barry
Sold my business and business airplane. Looking to fly in retirement including lifeline flights. Interested in finding a partner to go in on a Cirrus SR22T (Garmin preferred) to be located anywhere near KUGN (Waukegan, IL), KENW (Kenosha, WI). (KBUU or 57C also an option). Also interested in anyone looking to add a partner or sell a partnership slot in same.

Pass the word if you know of anyone - Thanks!

I think it’s interesting that such a populated area (between Chicago and Milwaukee) has so few responses to partnership requests etc.

Bummer.

Cirrus is well above my price range, but . . . I got few responses too.

I think it’s interesting that such a populated area (between Chicago and Milwaukee) has so few responses to partnership requests etc.

Bummer.

Cirrus is well above my price range, but . . . I got few responses too.
Where are you looking to partner and what price range? I’ve been thinking Mooney m20f but need some compelling numbers too :-/ I’m out of KENW now.

I’m looking for something entry level/low risk but fun.

When I posted here I was looking at LSA Champs or Cubs. $15k or less per partner. 3CK, C81 or 06C.

I am infatuated with Mooney’s, @masloki , but I haven’t flown in 8 years and have a family of 5. I might be able to use the Mooney for work, but those trips are 4x a year and I usually have to travel with Jr staff which means driving or flying commercial.

My mission now would be shorter local type flights less than 200 miles. Mostly by myself or 1 other. Probably a good amount of night local flying if I get Basic Med(heading to the airport when my kids go to bed for short flights). Thinking lower capital investment and safety in cost splitting of partnership (as opposed to getting into an efficient traveling machine).

That may explain why nobody was interested in starting a partnership with me!

I’m interested in the same(SR22T - although the trips I’ll fly are primarily Midwest so NA would suffice) I live in Milwaukee, family of 5. I fly commercially (16day trips/mo) and militarily (4days/mo) so my usage would be very limited by that. I want an airplane to go fast from point A to B, have enough UL to get our stuff there too, and have enough bells and whistles to give me options if something unexpected should happen enroute. I also hold an A&P (I know several IAs) so I’d hope I could reduce some maintenance costs with that. Renting an SR22T requires driving 1.5 to PWK just to get the plane. Acft availability is sketchy as well so I’m not sold on that yet.

Any interest in a Bo, Saratoga or C206/210?

I’d love access to something GA close to Milw, I’ll be watching this thread. Best wishes!

I’m interested in the same(SR22T - although the trips I’ll fly are primarily Midwest so NA would suffice) I live in Milwaukee, family of 5. (Snip)
Any interest in a Bo, Saratoga or C206/210?

I’d love access to something GA close to Milw, I’ll be watching this thread. Best wishes!
Check out Cool Places to Fly for an upcoming hamburger social at KENW. Chances are you will bump into someone that if not on the same mission, knows someone that is.

I know that this is an old thread, however, if a partnership is is still available, I would be interested in learning more details.
About to retire after 35 years with the airlines. Looking to keep my hand in aviation with a partnership or perhaps owning my own aircraft. 5 miles from KBUU.

I think @asgcpa has a share for sale out of KPWK (check the For Sale section). I am having way too much fun in the Mooney to add a partner…but maybe in a year or two. I am out of KENW if you are in the mood for a burger run.

I am also interested in starting or joining a 5 seat S22 partnership at PWK. I put out feelers from time to time but never hear from anyone other than Cirrus sales reps.

Not sure if you are interested...KJVL Northern IL/Southern WI...New 2021 T206H coming online in late Q4. Contemplating adding 1-2 partners. Will be based in Southern WI. G1000NXi, Synthetic Vision, TAS, XM, Air Conditioning, Extended Warranty on Garmin and Lycoming.

Man I'd love to but JVL is a little too far to work for me. I'm on the city. Great airport though. Thanks for reaching out.
Not sure if you are interested...KJVL Northern IL/Southern WI...New 2021 T206H coming online in late Q4. Contemplating adding 1-2 partners. Will be based in Southern WI. G1000NXi, Synthetic Vision, TAS, XM, Air Conditioning, Extended Warranty on Garmin and Lycoming.

@t3chiman Cirrus is a bit rich for my blood.

Im actually in search of a lower capital commitment entry point.

With prices where they are, I’m probably a renter for a while but like a 5-way 182 or Dakota or an Archer/Skyhawk close to me is interesting.

There is a club at PWK offering an 07 SR22 for $300/hr and a 2001 Archer for $200/hr.

Fun to fly out of PWK but I can rent slightly closer to home, well maintained for about $50 less an hour (on the Archer - Cirrus aren’t plentiful on the rental scene that I’ve found).

Are you in the Chicago area?

Ahhh. So you’re not far from PWK. I’m in Barrington.

Wjen you’re ready to partner on a 182 or maybe a 150 or Skipper let me know!

I want more flexible access to a well maintained plane. My mission right now is me on short flights burning off steam. My family won’t travel by GA so while a turbo SR22 would be sweeeeet, that’s not in the cards for me.

But a Tomahawk I can wheel around without throwing my back out and tool around in and be able to cover an OH without worrying (especially split 3-ways) . . . That’s pretty good living.

If you all need a spare partner for something a little (lot) bigger/faster (but not too much more expensive)… I’m soon to be entering the market. Prefer 06C, 3CK, KDPA, KPWK (last 3 are equidistant for me).

Hi - not sure if anyone is still looking for a partner (or partnership) at KPWK, but I'm interested. I'd like a 182, Bo, 210, Cirrus (might be too pricey) or something with 1100# ish of useful load and 150ish knots (more is better) for family X-C's and local flying with my college kids.

I live close to PWK, so that's my 1st choice by far. 06C is possible but somewhat defeats my goal by increasing my commute. I've flown military, airlines, GA, and have over 10k hrs.

Ed Stack
ejmmstack@yahoo.com
847-769-7709

Ideally the least expensive SR22 with five seats that I can find, but realistically whatever five+ seat partnership I can find.

I am also interested in starting or joining a 5 seat S22 partnership at PWK. I put out feelers from time to time but never hear from anyone other than Cirrus sales reps.
Hello Ian, just stumbled on your post and created an account here to reply to you. I am interested. How can we connect to have a quick chat?

Hello Ian, just stumbled on your post and created an account here to reply to you. I am interested. How can we connect to have a quick chat?
Sent you a PM, reply here if you don't get it.

If anyone is still looking for a PWK or UGN partnership I’m looking for a Cherokee 180, C172/182 or similar. Looking for something fairly inexpensive for training, time building, and short cross country. I’m closest to PWK but train at UGN. Campbell, Schaumburg, and Waukegan are all about the same time from me.

I'm out of the running for now but watching with interest and rooting you on!

Someome here told me, and they were likely right, you'll be more successful buying the plane on your own, getting a hangar etc and bringing in partners, as opposed to buying a plane together. I spent some months working with a group to buy a Skylane and it just fizzled.

it has been done! But likely easier or you take the lead (and risk) and bring folks in afterwards.

I'm out of the running for now but watching with interest and rooting you on!

Someome here told me, and they were likely right, you'll be more successful buying the plane on your own, getting a hangar etc and bringing in partners, as opposed to buying a plane together. I spent some months working with a group to buy a Skylane and it just fizzled.

it has been done! But likely easier or you take the lead (and risk) and bring folks in afterwards.
Yes I agree. I’ve met a few guys that were interested but when I suggested looking at a plane stopped responding. I’ve been thinking about buying something in the $60k range then selling a share. I need to find the right plane though (don’t we all). I originally was shooting for a Cherokee 140/160 but I’m a bigger guy so me and someone else up front it can be difficult getting W&B correct. A bigger engine like the 180 makes that a bit better. Or a C172 just seems to have a wide operating margin.

... I’ve been thinking about buying something in the $60k range then selling a share. I need to find the right plane though (don’t we all). I originally was shooting for a Cherokee 140/160 but I’m a bigger guy so me and someone else up front it can be difficult getting W&B correct. ...
Older Cardinals with round dial panels and non-GPS radios occasionally come to market. N3391T is a 68 fixed gear. Asking $79K. Flyable VFR, but probably $40k needed for non-vacuum instrument panel with new GPS radios.

Older Cardinals with round dial panels and non-GPS radios occasionally come to market. N3391T is a 68 fixed gear. Asking $79K. Flyable VFR, but probably $40k needed for non-vacuum instrument panel with new GPS radios.
Interesting. I like the cardinals especially for the better cruise speed. $79k is definitely stretching the budget too far but I’m considering a partner or two anyway. I’m not sure I can convince my wife to put out that much hoping for a partner though.

I have a Piper Arrow at KUGN and may consider some arrangement.

I have a Piper Arrow at KUGN and may consider some arrangement.
I saw your arrow and the super Viking at KUGN. Great planes but I’m a student so I’d like to get some time before going for complex, high hp, or retract. I doubt insurance would be kind.

Hey, let's give this another shot. I've been renting the 20 at Synergy. 22 would be better. Need a 5 seater though.

Reactions: Feh
As for my bump, the Cirrus SR line doesn't fit either of my missions unless we can really manage OPx costs down. But my eyes are open to other products (06C, KDPA, 3CK, KPWK if I have to). Big XC equipment or small inexpensive time builder, at this point.

As for my bump, the Cirrus SR line doesn't fit either of my missions unless we can really manage OPx costs down. But my eyes are open to other products (06C, KDPA, 3CK, KPWK if I have to). Big XC equipment or small inexpensive time builder, at this point.

Pretty sure it’s next to impossible to get a hangar at any of those airports? The waiting list is so long that the airport won’t bother to return a phone call or a simple email.

Still have the Arrow hangared at KUGN if anyone (instrument rated) wants to discuss an arrangement, and I am open to entering into a Cub/Legend or multi (probably a PA30) partnership.

I have a Piper Archer II currently hangered at 3CK. I would like to partner with someone(s) on a Cirrus SR22 at 3CK.

Pretty sure it’s next to impossible to get a hangar at any of those airports? The waiting list is so long that the airport won’t bother to return a phone call or a simple email.

Still have the Arrow hangared at KUGN if anyone (instrument rated) wants to discuss an arrangement, and I am open to entering into a Cub/Legend or multi (probably a PA30) partnership.
I thought there was a lot of hangars, cuz $$$, at DPA. ARR has 3 for rent right now. http://www.skyhavenofaurora.com/listing.asp?catId=1

Just listed in the classifieds: a C172 outside of Kalamazoo, $29k. Needs a new panel, and probably an engine.

Back