Online CFI Ground School - Wings Reality?

Hildy

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Hildy
I'm looking for a good online ground school for the CFI certificate. I may be getting ahead of myself just a bit, as I'm only getting started on the commercial certificate, but I'd like to get a jump on the CFI information.

I should note that I'm not just looking for written test prep. I already did the FOI and AGI written tests, and Gleim worked fine for that. I'm not concerned about passing the CFI written, but we all know that FAA written tests don't really represent everything you need to know. What I'm looking for is more of an actual ground school similar to what I'd get if I spent a semester in a college CFI course.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

Does anyone have a pirep on the wingsrealityedu.com CFI course? It seems to involve video recorded lectures, homework, etc.

Never heard of it. The best CFI groundschool is studying the FAA pubs (AFH, PHAK, ACS/PTS, etc) until you know them like the back of your hand. Make and practice using lesson plans. ASA oral guide and King practical test videos are also useful.

One thing I am doing is writing the lesson plans for the commercial maneuvers and I am practicing them like I am teaching them.

Also, Kershner's flight instructor manual.

One thing I am doing is writing the lesson plans for the commercial maneuvers and I am practicing them like I am teaching them.
Ummmm.... are you sure I'm supposed to be inverted when doing this Chandelle?

I'm looking for a good online ground school for the CFI certificate. I may be getting ahead of myself just a bit, as I'm only getting started on the commercial certificate, but I'd like to get a jump on the CFI information.

I should note that I'm not just looking for written test prep. I already did the FOI and AGI written tests, and Gleim worked fine for that. I'm not concerned about passing the CFI written, but we all know that FAA written tests don't really represent everything you need to know. What I'm looking for is more of an actual ground school similar to what I'd get if I spent a semester in a college CFI course.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

Does anyone have a pirep on the wingsrealityedu.com CFI course? It seems to involve video recorded lectures, homework, etc.

The CFI encompasses the same knowledge as the Private and Commercial. You now have the FOI involved which is where quite a few people get tripped up. FOI will be on the oral so it’s important to know this stuff well. Read through the Aviators Instructional Handbook and highlight the important areas (definitions, popular acronyms, etc.).

Other than that you will need the other major FAA publications. Go down through the CFI PTS and be able to teach on all the points under each topic (especially the required tasks). Fly8MA actually did a video series on a CFI mock oral. Watch those. If you can teach on all the points the examiner is asking you’ll be fine. I bought the backseat pilot lesson plans and modified them so they were more my style of teaching. It is a lot of information, but don’t make it hard on yourself. All the teaching material you need is in the FAA books.

You don’t need to know it all, but know where to look something up.

I just passed my CFI ride, so I f there’s anything I can do to help please reach out.

Great information. Thank you.

CFI Bootcamp has a great online groundschool and it comes with many extras to help you even after you pass the ride. It is very expensive though. I bought the groundschool and did a lot of it but didn't complete all the work. I started doing 2 hour ground lessons with an instructor and started reading the AFH and PHAK more while making lesson plans (more like modifying the CFI Bootcamp lessons for my tastes) and that seemed to work just fine. Even though it was expensive I feel like the extras they throw in make it a decent value.

CFI Bootcamp has a great online groundschool and it comes with many extras to help you even after you pass the ride. It is very expensive though. I bought the groundschool and did a lot of it but didn't complete all the work. I started doing 2 hour ground lessons with an instructor and started reading the AFH and PHAK more while making lesson plans (more like modifying the CFI Bootcamp lessons for my tastes) and that seemed to work just fine. Even though it was expensive I feel like the extras they throw in make it a decent value.
What were the extras you mention?

I don’t know what comes with other ground schools but with this one in addition to the course there is lesson plans, syllabus, all endorsements, flow charts, advisory circulars, ground school lessons, and more that I can’t think of off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back