Epididymitis

N

Newmedical

Back in the end of February I was diagnosed with epididymitis. Epididymitis is usually caused by an STD but after many tests, I was determined to be completely clean. I had a follow up with a urologist and he said it will take a while for the swelling to go down but he didn’t seem concerned. As I have an upcoming medical exam next week, I am concerned that this could ground me if reported. I have a class date with a regional at the end of the summer and I am scared to lose the class if my medical is denied. I have looked through the aviation examiner medical guide and found nothing about this being disqualifying. Any thoughts?

It has to be reported, and it's not likely disqualifying. Call your AME and ask.

I do not see any reason, good or even absurd, that epididymitis should disqualify you from flying. While screening for a sexually transmitted infection is appropriate, we often do not find the culprit bug.

Just tell the folks at your airline, "hey, it takes big ballz to fly for you guys, and I can prove it!"

And to take this thread to the far end of the weird spectrum, I refer you to Season 14, Episode 3 of South Park

It has to be reported, and it's not likely disqualifying. Call your AME and ask.
For a more serious answer to the question..... this.

Cause you sought treatment, it's now part of your medical history and must be reported on when renewing your medical exam. Not doing so is lying by omission and can get you in trouble with FAA should they have reason to go looking (you bend something or someone bad enough to cause an investigation). And that will get you in very hot water with future employer.

As suggested, call your AME and discuss this in a consultation. Ask when it needs reporting (immediately or next exam) and what, if anything, needs to be obtained from the treating physician.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back