Star Trek: Picard

Will wine cropdusted by Federation hovercraft taste any different than wine cropdusted by airplane? LOL

You'd think by the 24th century, genetic engineering would make dusting unnecessary. This must be the "off the grid", 24th century style.

Personally, I always wondered why this particular Frenchman spoke with a Welsh accent.

He lives just a couple of blocks from me. I leave him alone on the rare occasion I see him, but people in the neighborhood tell me he’s a pretty cool guy.

Wil Wheaton recently made a comment that he’s now the age that Stewart was when he started on Star Trek. I’m younger than Wil, but holy crap it made me feel old!

He lives just a couple of blocks from me. I leave him alone on the rare occasion I see him, but people in the neighborhood tell me he’s a pretty cool guy.

Wil Wheaton recently made a comment that he’s now the age that Stewart was when he started on Star Trek. I’m younger than Wil, but holy crap it made me feel old!
Since you live near a famous person,l are you really a famous person in disguise here?

And I jsut googled Will Wheaton's age and he is 1.5 years younger than me. :( And, btw, you are old! LOL

Since you live near a famous person,l are you really a famous person in disguise here?

And I jsut googled Will Wheaton's age and he is 1.5 years younger than me. :( And, btw, you are old! LOL

LOL - trust me, I definitely know I’m old, even at 6 years younger than Wil. :)

Not remotely famous, though! With the population density around here I think having well known folks close by is inevitable. One other cool guy in my neighborhood is Steve Buscemi. That’s about the extent of it though, as far as I know.

First, screw CBS "All Access". Second, the last Trek spinoff they spun off was good for about the first 3-4 episodes, after which I quit watching. The Orville was better. New Trek series are a great idea, almost universally poorly executed.

So I'm guessing this set in between Nemesis and his wine orchard from the final episode.

So I'm guessing this set in between Nemesis and his wine orchard from the final episode.
The wine orchard timeline was erased at the end of that episode. But it’s probable there are multiple possible timelines that end up with him owning a vineyard.

I also say screw CBS All Access. I’m sure it will eventually end up on Amazon, even if I have to pay for a season.

I just want to see a crew of humans and aliens, some of whom are misfits but have unique abilities and skills working together on a starship. A starship which has a mission to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, and boldly go where noone has gone before.

No bloody timelines, no Micheal Bernam show, no reboots, let's get into serious problems and think our way out of it throwing down some deeper meaning along the way.

Hey here's one- what happened to Deep Space Nine and Captain Sisko after that finale? Avery Brooks is still around, they could bring him back for something.

Avery Brooks is still around, they could bring him back for something.
Supposedly he had no desire to be part of the documentary that was just released about DS9. So I doubt he would go back.

Supposedly he had no desire to be part of the documentary that was just released about DS9. So I doubt he would go back.

That's a shame, the DS9 finale always felt like it left things too unfinished.

There was Star Trek. Then there were other futuristic space shows that came later that should have been given different names.
I liked Star Trek: The Next (De)Generation, at least after the first few episodes. The one where Lt. Yar got hers was pretty bad.
I watched Star Trek: Voyager for a while, until it seemed like they were parodying themselves. Later, 7 of 9 got me interested again (can you tell I'm a guy? :)) and it was a pretty decent show. I really like the holodeck doctor.
Star Trek: Deep Space 9 was pretty good, to start, but then they started doing alternate timelines with Major Kira's lesbian evil twin, and Dr. Bashir's hidden past came to light.

Star Trek: Enterprise pretty much killed the TV show Star Trek franchise.

I was a little too young to experience the original Star Trek (although I liked some of the episodes). The Next Generation and Picard were "my" Star Trek and starship captain, and I loved that show. Of the entire cast, I felt that Data had one of the best character arcs of any TV character ever. In fact, one of my favorite episodes of any TV show is "The Measure of a Man" where Data goes on trial to determine if he's property, or an individual.

The other ST shows around that time, Voyager and DS9, didn't grip me as much, although I did always like the DS9 Quark episodes, especially the interactions between Quark and Odo. I know some people hated Quark, but I always like the character. Nobody on Voyager really stood out to me, but some of the episodes were okay.

After Voyager, I lost interest in Star Trek until the movie reboots came out. I know some folks hated those, but I thought the first two were really well done. I didn't like the third one (Beyond), but I suppose every ST franchise must have a lemon somewhere.

I'm sure I'll watch the upcoming Picard series, since I really like the Picard character, and Patrick Stewart. Hopefully, they don't f it up.

I liked Star Trek: The Next (De)Generation, at least after the first few episodes. The one where Lt. Yar got hers was pretty bad.
I watched Star Trek: Voyager for a while, until it seemed like they were parodying themselves. Later, 7 of 9 got me interested again (can you tell I'm a guy? :)) and it was a pretty decent show. I really like the holodeck doctor.
Star Trek: Deep Space 9 was pretty good, to start, but then they started doing alternate timelines with Major Kira's lesbian evil twin, and Dr. Bashir's hidden past came to light.

Star Trek: Enterprise pretty much killed the TV show Star Trek franchise.
RE Tasha: the episode where she got it from data or the evil pit of tar?

Wait. What?

Jean Luc is a bad ass. Patrick Stewart is pretty cool, too.

CBS All Access.... that part sucks.

Tim

Back