Wind on The Nose Blues

Mooney Fan

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mooney Fan
(((((((((YAWN))))))))

Taking the Mrs down to Tuscaloosa (TCL) tomorrow for the night. There are people dying in hospitals that will be feeling better than me as we move along like a heard of turtles @ 82kts

• ALTITUDE
  • WINDS
  • ETE
  • FUEL BURN
  • 3,500'
  • 24kts headwind
  • 2h38m
  • 25.0g
  • 4,000'
  • 24kts headwind
  • 2h39m
  • 25.2g
  • 6,000'
  • 26kts headwind
  • 2h46m
  • 26.1g

If you were in a Mooney you'd be whining about only doing 130kts over the ground.

Hah! Sunday I flew my Hatz to the antique airplane and car show at 23N (what a cool airport!). On the way out I was doing a blistering 47 knots, staying as low as I could. On the way home I saw 110 knots at one point, fastest I've yet seen.

A few weeks ago we flew back from Tullahoma, TN to North MS. We had a 30kt headwind on the way back and took just under 2.5 hours. it was horrible considering earlier in the day the trip up there took just about 1.5 hours. We had 90kt grounds speeds on the way back..it was horrible and bumpy. Had to stay low or the winds got worse. Ask @ktup-flyer about it. He and my wife was in the plane. Wife didn't care, she was sleeping in the back with all the bumps. I do feel bad for you, trust me I know the feeling!

Last edited:
Back