I’m on the backside of 30 and back on my own

To comments about spending time n money on the hobby;

Oh yea this may get Shirley, my plane, some VG’s. Yup definitely gunna be burning more lowlead in near future- maybe not today or tomorrow but fuel bill will definitely be going up now!

I’m lucky I got back into flying when I did, last November, I’ve rekindled and made a lot of new friends at the airport... so I’ll keep busy after today n maybe tomorrow... there’s another old country song to play after all the sad ones, “ya can’t keep a good man down”.

And never forget... Chicks dig pilots!

If anything happens to my current marriage there will not be another one.

Years ago I had a friend getting a divorce say "you have permission to shoot me if I ever tell you I'm getting married again."

About 5 years later, he's walking down the aisle.

Make sure you get the custody worked out perfect and in the papers (and make sure she follows it), especially if you have a half way meet spot to drop/pickup kids. I've seen too many guys get screwed by an ex because she doesn't want to drive that weekend and demands he come pick them up or he doesn't get them. And not wanting to be the bad guy, they give in to her demands.

THAT is EXACTLY why the kids should stay put and make the parents come and go!!

50% of marriages end in divorce. The rest end in death.

So try to see the bright side. :)

Very sorry you’re going through this. The best advice I can offer is when you’re going through hell, don’t stop there. Press on with life.

50% of marriages end in divorce. The rest end in death.

So try to see the bright side. :)

Very sorry you’re going through this. The best advice I can offer is when you’re going through hell, don’t stop there. Press on with life.

Til death isn't a commitment, it's a promise.

Not the right attitude. Work it out, for the sake of the kids. It really isn't worth fighting over this stuff. There will be give and take. If you can't work it out, the people who suffer is the kids (not your ex, by you proving to your ex that you are stronger and more right). Fortunately for my son and I, both my ex and I agreed on this concept and put our son first.

People change and not everyone can be civil. Protect your rights as a father.

Years ago I had a friend getting a divorce say "you have permission to shoot me if I ever tell you I'm getting married again."

About 5 years later, he's walking down the aisle.

So I presume you put a slug into his back as he walked past? :D

Turns out I’d make a terrible hit man. :)

He is still married to the gal, fwiw.

Obviously you guys aren't doing it right.

Short of divorce, which would be financially harmful, I see no way of doing it correctly with my current partner.

If you’re saying my initial choice of spouse was flawed, I can see an argument. I don’t see an inexpensive way to change that now.

I’ve seen it with friends too. The spouses get ****ed about the cash and the time away. Moreso when they don’t know the exact numbers on the dollars.

I’ve got small kids and a SAHM wife. Any time away on the weekends is a BFD and with my job, I don’t have much free time anyway.

That was not my experience the after my divorce- seemed like many found it kinda dorky

I bet if you had a low wing twin with air conditioning, beautiful leather interior, fancy glass panel and plans to fly to the Bahamas they wouldn't find it dorky.

I like you high wing taildragger. But I'm a dude.

I think it's all your fault. Because anyone named Kendra has to be hot.

So, how'd you screw it up?

I had a trainee, first name Alexa, and also had a sexy sounding last name. My wife truly thought I was teaching a supermodel how to drive a truck.

Reality was, Alexa could grow a better beard than I could have, at that time. I think I got her beat now, though.

You and her agree on the first part, lol and yes she is hot.... I told her think about it a couple weeks without seeing each other besides when we have to to pick up our boy from the other and then we will sit n talk. She agreed to that... I'm not ready to give up, but I'm not going to beg either-if that makes sense.... I told her that, that I'm not ready to throw the towel in but she has to decide because I am not the begging type... So we will see what the conversation in a couple weeks brings...

The five stages of divorce they always quote, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. What a bunch of crap. I never experienced half that.

First off, when she announced that she was leaving, it hurt like hell. We had a woman judge for the divorce, and my x had the better attorney. The ***** drug me back to court every opportunity she had for more money, or whatever else she thought she could wrangle out of me. (using the kids as a wedge)

That's when I got angry and started to fight back. I stayed angry for years. The acceptance part came along with a huge dose of absolute happiness and satisfaction when I met her face to face twenty years later. That cute little thing that I had planned my life around so many years ago was divorced again and had become one of those ugly, and old, bar flys. To this day I thank my lucky stars she made the decision to leave me when she did. Best thing ever for me. Besides, it's a dead cinch that I wouldn't have had the opportunity to build the life I now enjoy with her wants and needs constantly dragging me down.

Don't sweat it, and don't wait twenty years to put it behind you. Aint worth it. Move on.

Because anyone named Kendra has to be hot.

th

Kendra Krinklesac and her husband, Lester.

I am still friends and business partners with my ex. It can be done, but you do need some space for a while and don't let things get nasty. Stuff can be replaced and isn't worth fighting over. The best thing for the kids is to keep it as civil as possible. For our divorce, we actually shared a lawyer and had pre-agreed on everything.
Exactly the same for me. We see each other only two or three times a year!

If anything happens to my current marriage there will not be another one.

:yeahthat:
But, After 41 years together, I suspect the only thing that can end it is me flying into something that's not fluffy.

It will be 46 years for us the end of July. Tarheelpilot, you are correct. If anything were to happen to my wife I doubt I would even consider another.

Shepherd, I agree. I hit the jackpot decades ago and wouldn't consider changing it.

It will be 46 years for us the end of July. Tarheelpilot, you are correct. If anything were to happen to my wife I doubt I would even consider another.

Shepherd, I agree. I hit the jackpot decades ago and wouldn't consider changing it.
20 for us this summer. No way I would be able to move on.

sorry guys just gotta say it- not our normal topic...

But I’m in the backside of 30 and back on my own... after 7+ years Kendra n I tearfully called it quits... been a struggle all 7 years but reguardless of how tough it was we loved each other. She just couldn’t do it anymore. I understand... but I’m crushed n heartbroken - didn’t think I’d have to deal w this crap again :( forgot how much it sucks!

I think tonight calls for a bottle of wine n old country music then pull up the boot straps and get on with life...
Sorry

Chicks dig the $300k/year big iron pilots, not spam can steerers.
My chick likes the spam can driver in me. She asked, "why don't you have a float plane rating? Oh, you need a float plane? Let's get one!"

She is my second go around, and I've stuck the landing with this one. We've had our ****, but that's easy to handle when our egos get checked by the couple's counselor!

Our turbulence got smooth with outside help. We ain't to proud to admit it either.

I moved on at the speed of pain after the first wife. Once I figured it out and sped up dealing with the pain, it all got better.

Chicks dig the $300k/year big iron pilots, not spam can steerers.

I've never made anywhere near that and that has not been my experience. I could tell you guys plenty of stories. Like the time 2 nurses from LA came up to Alaska and flew around Denali with me in a lowly C-185. That was an experience, and there's many more like it.

Like I said, you guys aren't doing something right. Maybe the problem is you're getting married to the first girl who bats her eyes at you.

I've never made anywhere near that and that has not been my experience. I could tell you guys plenty of stories. Like the time 2 nurses from LA came up to Alaska and flew around Denali with me in a lowly C-185. That was an experience, and there's many more like it.

Like I said, you guys aren't doing something right. Maybe the problem is you're getting married to the first girl who bats her eyes at you.

1b2.gif

When I rejoined the dating scene, after a 22 year marriage (yes, you do move on), I found that most women I met were not that willing to hop in a small propeller driven plane, let alone with an amateur pilot. I did eventually meet a keeper (we are engaged and have been together 5 years now) who has no problem flying with me. Being a pilot (amateur) was not a selling point. I am sure the military jocks and the pros have a different experience, though.

When I rejoined the dating scene, after a 22 year marriage (yes, you do move on), I found that most women I met were not that willing to hop in a small propeller driven plane, let alone with an amateur pilot.

What the hell is an 'amateur pilot'? I think I'm starting to see the problem here.

I bought my first plane 1 week after I started lessons. I took my first friend for a ride immediately after the DPE signed my cert. My friend was standing in the FBO waiting so I could take her. In the first two years I flew 400 hours. 200 per year and most of that was with some cutie sitting beside me. Get real guys. Grow a pair and introduce aviation to these girls.

What the hell is an 'amateur pilot'? I think I'm starting to see the problem here.

I bought my first plane 1 week after I started lessons. I took my first friend for a ride immediately after the DPE signed my cert. My friend was standing in the FBO waiting so I could take her. In the first two years I flew 400 hours. 200 per year and most of that was with some cutie sitting beside me. Get real guys. Grow a pair and introduce aviation to these girls.
Well, in my case ‘amateur’ would mean hobbiest who doesn’t make any money doing it. Perhaps younger women are more adventurous. The late 40’s/50ish group seem to be a bit skittish. They definitely weren’t linings up to fly right seat.

Well, in my case ‘amateur’ would mean hobbiest who doesn’t make any money doing it. Perhaps younger women are more adventurous. The late 40’s/50ish group seem to be a bit skittish. They definitely weren’t linings up to fly right seat.

Do you have 3 heads and 6 fingers or something?

I honestly don't think I know anyone who would turn me down if I asked them if they wanted to go fly.

Do you have 3 heads and 6 fingers or something?

I honestly don't think I know anyone who would turn me down if I asked them if they wanted to go fly.
We live in different worlds. Many women of this age have children and distrust small planes (not unreasonably so). Maybe Alaska has a different culture as well.

Back