Retired Airline Service Items

WeekendWarrior

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
FlyKC
Hey all -
I’m a collector of all things airline, and I’m seeking help acquiring things like galley carts, etc. Not looking for a refurb, just a rough-shape example or two for the house.
I remember years ago the show Mythbusters featured a couple places that sell memorabilia from mothballed airliners, but I can’t find the names of the shops anymore, nor do I know if they sell to the general public.
I’m not a big fan of eBay, I’d rather see things in person and drive them home than pay freight, but if that’s the best option, I’ll take it.
Anyone out there know where such things could be purchased?

I think Delta also has a sale each year at MSP.

What else are you looking for? My old man retired NWA.

Friend of mine bought a couple of business class seats from Delta.

Call Universal Asset Management. They have a scrapyard here. A friend of mine cuts out the cockpits and turns them into flight sims.
747.jpg

To those recommending the DL sale, I already have plans to be there. I appreciate them.
And regarding what else I may want to purchase, I know I definitely want a galley cart or two, ideally from something bigger than an RJ, but I’m not set on that. I’d like to eventually snag a pair of Business or First Class seats as well for eventual refurb into part of a basement renovation.
Other than that, the sky is the limit. Branded signage would be way cool, really just about anything that comes from an airliner. I’ve never been into scale models, but I’ve also been offered quite a few of them.

Better make sure you buy airline seats from the 80’s and 90’s so you can actually fit in them practically.

Imagine walking into a man cave with a nice set of older style first class seats set up theatre style. Would be pretty sweet.

Out of curiosity, I looked up on eBay to see what these things go for and I was surprised to find the seats even old to be rather expensive.

Back