Amazon Coming to Lakeland FL

It will become "Amafun & Sun" and you'll need a prime membership. They will have 9,235,129 booths setup...each moving to you so you don't have to walk or think.

I dunno. We’ve had one here for several years now and it’s employed a lot of folks, but I’m not sure how many (if any) flying jobs it’s created.

I dunno. We’ve had one here for several years now and it’s employed a lot of folks, but I’m not sure how many (if any) flying jobs it’s created.

That is what I am wondering. I'm sure there will be pilots, probably already employed, for the 7-10 big cargo jets, but didnt know if their business model employs other flight jobs like smaller hop subcontractors to locations to places like the Caribbean, re-routes to other shipping facilities, etc.

Probably very few net new pilot jobs there. From a pilot perspective, the cargo companies that actually fly for Amazon just need pilots when they add new aircraft. How many departures per day do they expect and at what time?

Pilot jobs will probably be ABX, ATI, or Atlas. I think those are the 3 for Prime Air unless I missed someone. I don't think they've been opening a "pilot base" for each of those individual sites.

Back