RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
It’s grilling season again...

A good hot dog with chili and slaw is high on my list. What’s your go-to brand?

Nathan’s?

Hebrew National?

Ball Park?

Costco?

How do you like your dog?

A43BC413-68DD-4B48-B76B-4FE034C67E2B.jpeg

I do like Hebrew National but I am happy with a dog from the cart or from 7-11. I love hotdogs. Certainly ate plenty of them growing up in NYC.

Ballpark with slaw, using your list, but...

Better yet is a grilled kielbasa with chili, washed down with a Fat Tire. Roast corn on the cob for a side, and maybe some potato salad.

Has Lum's disappeared from the Earth? They were the best. Nathan's is pretty much the same, if you get it on the boardwalk in Atlantic City!

All toppings are good, except ketchup/catsup. There should a law...

Has Lum's disappeared from the Earth? They were the best. Nathan's is pretty much the same, if you get it on the boardwalk in Atlantic City!

Nathan’s in Coney Island has always been a stop of ours when in NYC. They also still serve Arthur Treacher’s fish and chips too!

Man, I loved Lum's back in the day. Big, juicy, and steamed in beer, not that you could taste it. I remember being in about 6th grade and going skating with my girlfriend and her mother on Friday nights and we'd go and eat afterwards at the one on Stewart Ave. in Atlanta. They also owed Ollie's Trollies that had great hamburgers.

My wife likes Bright Leaf hot dogs, the red ones. Go figure.

I like any hot dog. If you put them in a casing, they becomes sausages...like them too.

Sabrett's, natural casing (so they snap when you bite 'em), with mustard and jalapeños.

Like them all, free hot dog day ,every Friday at Kfmy page field.

There was a place in New Jersey called Rutt's Hut (IIRC) that deep fried hot dogs, really good.

When we're trying to be healthy, we use the H-N low fat ones. Otherwise, I tend towards more robust sausages such as the Polock Johnny's of my youth (now available by mail order).

Thank God, you said grill and not barbecue.

Costco (at least here in the Denver area) quit serving the polish dogs, and now have only hot dogs. I liked the polish way better...

I'm not very picky on the brand, as I am much more of a hamburger guy. But I enjoy them with ketchup, mustard, onions, chili, and slaw. My wife and son likes them much more than I do. If I am grilling them at home, there's always a hamburger patty on the grill for me.

I'm not big on hotdogs, I'm more of a bratwurst fan, but those big, juicy Costco dogs (the kind they sell outside) aren't bad. Other than that, I'm not picky on the brand.

A hotdog is a tough venue for me as I do not eat buns. One frequently made family meal is hot dog chili. Cut up hot dogs in chili, over rice.

There was a place in New Jersey called Rutt's Hut (IIRC) that deep fried hot dogs, really good.
Rutt's is still there, and still good, though definitely a dive. My wife loves their "rippers".

I am jot sure I had one since last summer, but the boars head hot dogs are pretty good too. Between them and Hebrew National or Nathan's I get whichever is on sale.

I want to try the uncured dogs. Haven't had the chance.

Hot dog mac and cheese.

We were so poor when I was a kid, one night for dinner we'd have boiled hot dogs and sauerkraut. The next night we'd have hot dog soup.

Now, any hot dog not made with horse lips and skunk nipples with chili, chopped onions, sweet pickle relish, jalapeno and mustard.

Excuse me, are there seconds on skunk nipples?

Nauga,
who doesn't read the label

Had Costco dogs last night. No bun (low carb diet ha ha) always have beans with hot dogs and always have potato chips with beans to scoop them up. I dip the dog pieces in a mix of onions, relish, mustard and a little ketchup.

Berks

Anything other than mustard means you don’t like the taste of the dog itself.

Yes, brats are pretty good as well. A brat and a beer from the stand at the main Frankfort train station was pretty good living.

Back