Road tripping with an airplane

Nicely done! Beautiful scenery and great music. Of course, being an airplane nerd, my favorite shot was of the panel and instruments.

Nice videography. Looks like a fun trip. Shame about the ice cream, though. :)

I love that part of the Country. I have a similar photo of Monument Valley as the desktop on just about all of my computers.

The AG-5B was the star of the show, however...

I really enjoyed your video, and I'm digging your plane. Nice.

It’s always great when you can find a cool location that has good lodging and activities within walking distance of where you park your airplane. Monument Valley is one of them.

Glad you guys liked the video. I’ve posted a couple more since then, plus I have a new one coming soon about my first pilots n paws mission to Flagstaff. Here’s my YouTube channel if you’re bored or need a reason to procrastinate....

https://m.youtube.com/c/wolficorntv

+1. I especially liked the panic button.

That’s a holdover from the previous owner. I like it too. The “bullet hole” stickers he had put down the side is where I had to draw the line LOL

Loved our big trip out west last fall. Winslow, Page, GC and Monument were awesome. Sedona was awesome too but it looks like WX might have kept you from going there? I had to laugh about the bridge, I kept thinking, no, that's not it...so here you go:
rainbow.PNG

I'd have to say Monument Valley was one of the most amazing sights, we flew around in the Valley for an hour before landing. I want to go back love it out there!
Monument.PNG

Loved our big trip out west last fall. Winslow, Page, GC and Monument were awesome. Sedona was awesome too but it looks like WX might have kept you from going there? I had to laugh about the bridge, I kept thinking, no, that's not it...so here you go:
View attachment 74302

I'd have to say Monument Valley was one of the most amazing sights, we flew around in the Valley for an hour before landing. I want to go back love it out there!
View attachment 74300
Ha...thank you so much for the aerial pic of the bridge! I saw many "false bridges" when passing by..it's good to see the real deal.

Yeah...there's so much so explore in that area. I had been into Sedona numerous times, so that wasn't on my list for that trip. I'd like to go further into Utah and check out that area a little better. Hopefully soon.

Ha...thank you so much for the aerial pic of the bridge! I saw many "false bridges" when passing by..it's good to see the real deal. Yeah...there's so much so explore in that area. I had been into Sedona numerous times, so that wasn't on my list for that trip. I'd like to go further into Utah and check out that area a little better. Hopefully soon.
We based at Page and came from the northeast out of Roosevelt, UT 74V. If you go that way, go a little further past Vernal (KVEL) and fly the Green River thru Dinosaur National Monument up towards Vermillion Creek.

As a flatlander, the views of the backside of those hills were jaw dropping. Just beyond that ridge below is where some excellent dino bones were discovered.
IMG_0487s.png

I put together a video of a trip I took with my gf in our Grumman Tiger a couple weeks ago to Arizona and Monument Valley. It's got it all...rock n roll, Navajo and the Grand Canyon. What else do you need?

Very cool. Thanks.

Wonderful! I miss flying sooo much. Soon. Once I get the medical straightened out, and some dual refresh done... I liked your video so much it hurt!

Nice, thanks for sharing! One more trip I can fanticize about.

Awesome! I’m hoping to do this trip from Florida later this year. Don’t care about the canyon as much as monument valley. It’s awesome from the ground, and your pics are as good as I imagined from the air.

You're at KLAF, I'm east of you and did it. Why are you dreaming and not doing? We did our trip last September, an excellent month to fly with cool mornings and lots of sunshine.

Lotsa trips in the pipeline after my youngest graduates HS (Spring 2021). I’m adding this to the list.

Taken at monument valley airport. Watch out for the sheep!

Attachments

• 963817D9-A48F-42D9-8CED-B02D4BC74502.jpeg
    963817D9-A48F-42D9-8CED-B02D4BC74502.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 17
Well now. You just gave me some ideas. Wife and I are planning on flying south from Salt Lake in mid-October in the club Tiger. Not as nice as yours but I love flying it. What do you have mounted to the yoke? The central part of the yoke on our Tiger is so tiny, but if possible I might want to mount maybe an iPad mini.

Is there much of the Grand Canyon you can see? How restrictive are the Special Flight rules?
There's a lot of the Grand Canyon to see even within the limitations of the SFRA. Here's a video of an October 2017 flight northbound through the Zuni Point Corridor at 11,500'.

Part two of the same round-robin trip, from Page over Lake Powell and Monument Valley to Grand Canyon Airport, and return to Goodyear.

Last edited:
Back