Is ADS-B Verification Flight Required?

AA5Bman

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
He who ironically no longer flies an AA5B
I have a date to meet my mechanic at the plane today to install a uAvionix Skybeacon (I know, I know). I had planned on doing the verification flight immediately thereafter, but it’s IFR at the airport today.

Is the verification required in general, or was it just a requirement for submitting for the rebate (which is now “sold out”).

Thanks!

It's only a requirement for the rebate, but it's a good idea to make sure it's working properly.

Only a requirement for the rebate. I THINK that if you see your flights on flightaware it means it’s working. Before I put ADS-B in the planes, 5hey didn’t show up on flightaware unless I f8led. Now, they show up every flight.

I check my NGT-9000 for giggles and grins using the FAA tool for that purpose. Came in handy when the GPS rollover bug hit this device. Did not affect the transponder operation or GPS positioning, just the internal screen display of certain weather products. So I know I'm legal to fly until I can get the software update fix.

Only a requirement for the rebate. I THINK that if you see your flights on flightaware it means it’s working. Before I put ADS-B in the planes, 5hey didn’t show up on flightaware unless I f8led. Now, they show up every flight.
Well, it has to at least partly work. Mine has been failing the barometric altitude but everything else is OK. It's showing up, every flight. I need to turn on anonymous mode.

It's only a requirement for the rebate, but it's a good idea to make sure it's working properly.
but....eventually if yours fails you will get a nasty letter from the fellas. It might take a year or two....but they will begin mailing letters to all failing systems.

And....if it's bad enough they could block you from the system.

Configuration & installation errors occur. Nice to know it's really working as intended. If it's is not pinging correctly, it's like not having it and risks being in violation.

-David

Back