use a needle next time

alaskan9974

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
alaskan9974
Leveling off at 10.5 the other night to get above an ice filled overcast layer ahead. Pulled the prop back a tad and a chip bag from hell decided to wake me.

Loudest bang I heard, and the cabin was filled with the smell of jalapeno chip goodness.

After I checked everything I realized what it was. Had a case or two of them and it didn't help they were right behind me. Pulled up the glide rings on foreflight just for good measure.

Have to use a needle next time and poke a hole in them or something.

I had a seatbelt flapping against the inside of a cessna 150 last week, i guess the air vent was hitting it just right. Kinda sounded like a piece of loose tin bout to let go. Thought about turning back for a second then found the issue.

What brand and size of bag was this? We need more details in these PIREPs so that the rest of us can choose the brand of chips that is safest for our planned altitude.

a chip bag from hell decided to wake me.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was doing a grocery haul from Kotz to Kobuk in a Chieftain when a large Dorito bag let go with enough force to put chips on the pilot. Which was Ok, I was eating a sandwich at the time and Ranch Doritos were just what I needed.

Another time in a sled I heard a noise that sounded like someone hit the seat track with a hammer. I turned around to see who made the noise, and all the passengers were turned looking in the back of the plane. I never found out what made that noise.

What we did for fun in Alaska...

Damn Kobuk. That’s where I was landing. Them chips is cursed. Tim’s Jalapeño for the record. The biggest bag. Not sure which but sure was the loudest I’ve heard.

You know what Rod Machado says about that. He says that that bag went Frito Nova.

Back