Boy I Nailed that Landing

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Flew this morning, forgot the camera in the truck. Still hurting from changing the starter in the truck yesterday, the truck is history selling it cheap. Took most of the afternoon to change the starter on my back. I'm 61 and deserve a new rig.:rolleyes:

Anyway, calm winds 1 1/2 local flight. Tower said "short, long approved". Me "standard pattern please" Sea Planes Caravan calls in as I'm mid field and says he will extend downwind for traffic. I change my plans and make a short approach after calling tower. Turned base at the numbers and nailed the landing. Yoke in my chest and didn't even feel the mains touch the runway.

That landing made my day, just saying. Have fun out there...:)

Anyone want a truck cheap....:)

Good on ya! What are you selling? I am only at the diagonal end of the US from you. I'm 66 and treated myself to my first-ever new car/truck a couple years ago, 2016 Ford F-250. I know, I am stupid for buying new but that is what I wanted to do.

IMAG0066.jpg

Good on ya! What are you selling? I am only at the diagonal end of the US from you. I'm 66 and treated myself to my first-ever new car/truck a couple years ago, 2016 Ford F-250. I know, I am stupid for buying new but that is what I wanted to do.
97 F150 4WD $2000
edit; never owned a new vehicle

Flew this morning, forgot the camera in the truck. Still hurting from changing the starter in the truck yesterday, the truck is history selling it cheap. Took most of the afternoon to change the starter on my back. I'm 61 and deserve a new rig.:rolleyes:

Anyway, calm winds 1 1/2 local flight. Tower said "short, long approved". Me "standard pattern please" Sea Planes Caravan calls in as I'm mid field and says he will extend downwind for traffic. I change my plans and make a short approach after calling tower. Turned base at the numbers and nailed the landing. Yoke in my chest and didn't even feel the mains touch the runway.

Fake news......:)

So you did that with your eyes open? Seems like you've still got the pebble; "are we down yet?" Blessings

View attachment 74230
Had one of those we bought for a plow truck. Called it the Blue bomber. That thing would not die. Used it to plow snow and haul wood. Intimately succumbed to our state inspection standards.

Had one of those we bought for a plow truck. Called it the Blue bomber. That thing would not die. Used it to plow snow and haul wood. Intimately succumbed to our state inspection standards.

Are you talking about the GMC. Ya, it was a good ol truck. I bought it from the City of Orlando for a song with low low miles on it and got a lot of use out of it as a general beater. Sold it for $1400 IIRC and the new owner couldn't be happier.

I see what you did there.

Why is it my best landings are solo with no one there to attest to their beauty? :)

I have had two true greasers: One with my wife aboard, and the second arriving at fly-out breakfast location with my CFI and several club members standing at the restaurant window ready to rate the landing. Hah!

Now if I could just do it again....

Did a flight today three different airports ,three perfect landings,of course nobody around to dispute my claim.

Back in my college days, I spent many hundreds of patterns perfecting my accuracy landings while preparing for competitions. The tower controllers would "observe" my landings and offer critiques and advise me of how far off I was from the paint stripe.

Of course, there were the occasional clunkers and sometimes they would suggest I go home and rest... I always made full stop landings, so I would clean up the airplane and call ready for takeoff. One time, My favorite controller asked, "are you sure you want to do that?"

The quality of the landing is inversely proportional to the number of people observing. Q=1/P. I believe that is in the performance section of the POH.

Back