www.pacificnorthwestflying.com

This is the home page message from late April:

Status -

Saturday April 27, 7:00 AM PDT:
The forum was knocked offline at our hosting service by an upgrade to a software component on their server which is incompatible with the older version of our forum software. Our forum software needs to be upgraded to work on the server. This requires significant changes to what's currently installed.

I'm currently in the process of converting the old software that runs the forum to the latest version. The new version of the forum software is compatible with the new server environment (and should also provide some additonal benefits in better security, stability and improved performance), but the process of doing the conversion is somewhat complex, requires a bit of hoop-jumping, and I've run into some additional unexpected steps that are necessary.

This is taking longer than I had initially expected, but I am making progress. It's still going to be at least a few days, maybe a week (it's difficult to give a firm estimate because it depends on how smoothly the next steps go, and there are some unknowns about the process that I'm still working through).

While this work is in progress, and until you see a very obvious "all clear" notification, please do not attempt to log-in or post.

I will update this status page again when I know more (this page itself my be occasionally unavailable and strange things may happen while some of the work is being done). Apologies for the disruption and thanks for your patience.

Back