How are you getting traffic and weather info?

SinkorSwim

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
HFC1969
Planning to upgrade a few components in my stack.

I currently now use my good ol’ Stratus 2 via FF and IPad.

Curious how you are getting traffic and weather.

Garmin Aera 796 + GDL 39.

FSS. I've been procrastinating.

Lynx NGT-9000 w/wifi module for tablet display redundancy.

Just installed a uAvionix EchoUAT. Before that, I'd occasionally use my Stratux.

Oh, and Avare running on a Samsung tablet, both of which I love.

Stratus 2 hardwired to my stratus ESG and use foreflight on a 9.7 iPad.

Mark I eyeball
Eyeball and position reports. Most of the folks in SE AK make position reports on 122.9. Heck at 3000ft I can tell you where folks are 85 miles away, as long as they make a radio call.
edit; I've had lots of conversations on 122.9 after hearing someone call out. "Hey Joe, what's up today, haven't seen you around lately" makes the flying fun.

Grand Rapids technologies Safefly gps/Uavionix Echo UAT paired with Garmin GTX 327. Displayed on GRT Sport SX as well as an Ifly 740 and my iPad.

XM in almost everything I fly backed up with ADSB from whatever source is available (stratus, lynx9000, Gdl 88, etc) and live radar in a couple of planes I am occasionally lucky to fly. My 310 does not have live radar but with xm and a stormscope, I get a really accurate picture of the cells. Live radar is nice but with the stormscope you don’t have to adjust the tilt as you climb or descend which can be a busy time.

Skybeacon, STRATUX, Samsung tablet mounted in panel running Avare. Stratux and tablet run on panel USB outlet

I'm currently using a Levil Aviation BOM and an iLevil, usually tied to Xavion on iOS and iFly on Android. However, I just dropped my plane off at the avionics shop a few days ago and I decided to go with with the Lynx 9000 to satisfy the ADS-B out requirement.

Hmmm, the Lynx NGT-9000 is a good unit as I put one in my Bonanza before selling it....but after having to get it replaced under warranty for the touch screen failing (Lynx Customer Service was awesome) and the wifi module continuously dropping the feed to my iPad at random times, I decided NOT to go back to the Lynx for the Travel Air. It's getting a Stratus ESG next month and I have a Stratus 3 in the nose for ADSB-In. Has never dropped a signal and is stable and reliable. It's wired to the ships power (legally ;)) so it's always charged and I never have to fuss with it.

Cheers,
Brian

335, Scout, iPhone 6S+.

330ES - out ; SkyRadar and iPad WingX - in

Attachments

• 098C8616-7121-419E-851A-7893FC7AC51B.jpg
    098C8616-7121-419E-851A-7893FC7AC51B.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 14
The Mooney:

345 to 430 W and bluetoothed to IPad ForeFlight

The Cessna 140:

Stratus ESG with Stratus 3i permanently mounted for wireless to iPad Foreflight