Rough River Kentucky Fly-in 2020 - April 23-26

I will not speak on behalf of him, but I think the ejection handle pulled may have sent him off seeking greener pastures. :(

That is truly unfortunate. I miss his wit.

I also miss some of the other former regulars that are active pilots - mscard88, Fearless Tower, James331, Anymouse...

So the question is, are we losing pilots faster than we gain them?

Getting up to speed here. Did eman self eject, or was he banished from the kingdom?

Can’t say I’m a fan of the new environment.

Can’t say I’m a fan of the new environment.

How long has this "new environment" been around? I must have missed something?

Eman's avatar on his last post still says "Touchdown! Greaser!", so there's no indication of a ban?

In the nature of ROC's rules to not discuss ban's, I will talk about Eman's "Band".
Eman's "Band management council" sent him on tour.

It was a short tour not one of those retirement tours like Slayer is working on now.
It was a tour where he would be away on tour but be back in time to spend the summer with his POA family.

However it seems he wasn't really happy abut being scheduled a tour for his band against his will and decided that he would just say on tour.
It turns out that band managers can put you on a permanent tour or just a 30 day tour.

I think he allegedly told me he didn't like that he was sent away with his band even if it was only temporary he felt that if they were going to send him on a tri-state tour, he would just make it a world tour.

So that is the story of @eman1200's "band".

Check out this shirt that Eman wore at KY. Its just a shirt.
No reason not to post a picture of a shirt that's aviation related.

ehp.jpg

World tour eh...well that's a step beyond snorting his way across the USA. ;)

Hopefully he'll come by and visit the old neighborhood on the rebound.

I've been irritated more than once by the postings of various POA members, but never eman. If he offended, I didn't see it, or it went over my head!

I've been irritated more than once by the postings of various POA members, but never eman. If he offended, I didn't see it, or it went over my head!
Or maybe you’re just not a sensitive flower like some folks are. Not that there’s anything wrong with being a sensitive flower of course...........

Next thing you know the monkey will go back on tour.

I won't have a pesky wedding complicating my plans for next year - so I'm in!

Oh yah, all wives want to spend their anniversaries with that bunch of harnyucks. :)

Hahaha - the good thing is the anniversary is actually May 4th, so I'm in good shape. The wedding required a ton of planning so it would have been poor form to run off to Kentucky the week prior. No such issues for an anniversary. :)

Don't feel bad Tim, this Tim's search of such a word came up with no hits, We must both be iggnoramt!!!

Hahaha - the good thing is the anniversary is actually May 4th, so I'm in good shape. The wedding required a ton of planning so it would have been poor form to run off to Kentucky the week prior. No such issues for an anniversary. :)

Will her work schedule allow for time to visit such a racous event?

Can't take credit for it. Roy D Mercer calls people harnyucks. That's where I learnt it.

Will her work schedule allow for time to visit such a racous event?

Actually, she might very well be able to go. She's doing what's called a 'research' year next year, which is essentially a year of padding her CV by getting published, etc...and it's not nearly as hard core as a standard year of residency. So while I can't guarantee it, it's highly likely. And she'd want to go - she'd fit in just fine with you ****ing degenerates! :D

Roger. For what it's worth, I have no idea who Roy D. Mercer is either.

Brent Douglas and Phil Stone, disc jockeys on KMOD-FM, a rock radio station, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, created the Roy D. Mercer character in 1993. Initially, they used the character on comedy sketches for the radio station. Originally, the prank call sketches were a part of KMOD's morning show. By 1997, Capitol Records Nashville began issuing the sketches on compact disc. Twelve Roy D. Mercer compilation albums have been released on the Capitol and Virgin Records labels. A Virgin Records Nashville executive noted that Mercer's early albums managed to sell between 250,000 and 300,000 copies, primarily due to word of mouth, without any promotion to consumers or radio airplay of the album tracks.

In most of the sketches, Mercer will demand that the recipient of a call pay him money for some incident, and if the recipient refuses, he will threaten them with violence (usually an "ass-whuppin'"). Mercer has been described as speaking with "a mush-mouthed Southern drawl" and his style of comedy has been described as "not exactly obscene ... [but] border[ing] on offensive". Many of the recipients of the calls are suggested by their friends who supply Mercer with information about the potential recipients...

As an Oligarch-at least that's what I put on my tax return-I should be able to make a decision and attend the fly-in. I had planned to attend this year until "ruler of all within reach"-the other title on our tax return, told me I was going to a friends' kids' wedding. I think I'm out of friends with kids so I'm in for next year.

Back