D Day C-47 Flight

Shepherd

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Shepherd
Staging at OXC, for the flight across the pond.
Some of them just flew over my house in the mid-Hudson Valley.
Sorry. I was mowing the lawn and didn't have a camera of any kind handy.

If you draw a straight line between OXC and PQI, it goes right over my house in NH. I'll be outside looking for them Sunday, assuming the weather is good.

I am sure some are in great shape to make the trip across the pond but they are all old and probably should stay home. In 1944 and 45 flying across the pond we lost some when they were new, flying them now across the pond one can only hope they all make it and back again.

I'll be there in CT this saturday to see the NA contingent of C47s before they depart.

One left Colorado but is broken down in the Midwest. Sorry for those nearly useless details - don't recall where I saw it.
They hope to have it fixed tomorrow, so maybe can catch up to the Connecticut rendezvous.

How long will they be at OXC?

Never mind, they're doing the Hudson River flight Saturday and departing for Europe Sunday.

Last edited:
One left Colorado but is broken down in the Midwest. Sorry for those nearly useless details - don't recall where I saw it.
They hope to have it fixed tomorrow, so maybe can catch up to the Connecticut rendezvous.

I saw one is broke down in Iowa City, supposedly due to a cracked jug. Here is a link to follow along on the adventure.

https://www.facebook.com/TABtoNormandy/

In this small world of aviation, sometimes you get lucky...

Attachments

• 4874FA2B-1877-4A9D-ABE9-3D7F91331303.jpeg
    4874FA2B-1877-4A9D-ABE9-3D7F91331303.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 37
Friend of mine is flying something over there, I think a WW2 bomber.

TAB just took off this morning to start the trip!

just watched a video live ,on Facebook from OXC.

One of them flew right over my house this morning, but the clouds prevented me from seeing it. Sure sounded nice though!

Back