Best / Worst Aviation movie

didn't laugh once.

I hate SHTICK comedy more than anything. But the secret to getting a laugh out of Airplane is by paying attention to what it going on in the background. Don't watch the actors saying their lines, check out what's happening behind them... You might get anything from a giggle to a belly laugh... But only if you stumble on it while channel surfing. I wouldn't go so far as to seek it out or anything.

Catch-22 is on Amazon Prime. Not sure if it's good or bad.
I thought it was supposed to be on Hulu on May 17? You're talking about the 2019 version, right?

New bad: "Gunbus"
There is not one moral, ethical, intellectual, or socially redeeming quality to the movie.
Which makes it a must see.

Best: movie with planes
Worst: movie without planes

Dawn Patrol, Errol Flynn, David Niven. Best song ever in a flying movie.

Like Twelve O'Clock High, the best scenes are on the groud.

Always; lot of cool flying, and best dance scene in a flying movie - John Goodman rocked. . .

And The Great Waldo Pepper. . .

If you want a real shocker, go look at who wrote that.

FWIW, I agree it sucks….

Ha, I guessed right, must have come across that tidbit before. I read the Bond books back in the '60's and remember them as so much darker than the movies that were initially made (one torture scene involving a chair comes to mind). Later movies are dark, Fleming was ahead of his time.

As a middle school aged kid I think I watched Iron Eagle about a hundred times.
Always though it was better than Top gun because it focused more on flying and less love scenes.

Re watched Iron Eagle recently. The acting is horrific and the premis is beyond crazy. Lou Gosset Jr. is the man though.

And here I was thinking that any aviation movie with Gossett had to be in my bottom 10. Also Jan-Michael Vincent (RIP to him, he recently passed), bottom 10.

Here's one none of you know about. A BBC TV series from the late '70s called "Flambards." A rather drawn out drama not necessarily about flying, but the main character becomes a WW1 pilot and the story is very realistic.

Too many bad movies to remember...

Back