Is it scary for you to think that I may be YOUR pilot one day?

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Here’s the scenario...

It’s 5 - 7 years from today. You’ve just printed out your boarding pass for your flight home. You’ve just been groped by a TSA agent and made it to your gate. The gate agent announces over the intercom that boarding is beginning, so be ready with your boarding pass in hand. You can’t afford to fly business or first class, so you’ll be sinching your belt extra tight to allow yourself to squeeze into that 12” economy seat in the far aft compartment of the aircraft. As you follow the crowd down the jet bridge and enter the cabin of the aircraft, you’re greeted by a cute flight attendant who welcomes you aboard. Just as you begin to turn down the aisle to find your seat, a head pops out from the flight deck and says ‘Hey, I’m @Ryanb and I’m your pilot today...welcome aboard!’

Luckily this frightens you enough that you wake up only to find that it’s just a dream.. whew! Good thing, because that would be a nightmare!

I would have answered sooner, but I was watching The Big Bang Theory.

No, I am a CFI. You would not scare me. So sorry to disappoint. @EdFred would scare me. LOL

Wouldn’t scare me. I would be ready to take over for you, if things started going bad. Flying an airliner isn’t fundamentally different than flying a 172, is it? :D

Now that is scary!

What’s so scary about me being your pilot?

gdvjj.jpg

Here’s the scenario...

It’s 5 - 7 years from today. You’ve just printed out your boarding pass for your flight home. You’ve just been groped by a TSA agent and made it to your gate. The gate agent announces over the intercom that boarding is beginning, so be ready with your boarding pass in hand. You can’t afford to fly business or first class, so you’ll be sinching your belt extra tight to allow yourself to squeeze into that 12” economy seat in the far aft compartment of the aircraft. As you follow the crowd down the jet bridge and enter the cabin of the aircraft, you’re greeted by a cute flight attendant who welcomes you aboard. Just as you begin to turn down the aisle to find your seat, a head pops out from the flight deck and says ‘Hey, I’m @Ryanb and I’m your pilot today...welcome aboard!’

Luckily this frightens you enough that you wake up only to find that it’s just a dream.. whew! Good thing, because that would be a nightmare!
Hopefully by then you'll be 5-7 years older and wiser, so not worried. :D

I will have prayed and repented for my sins, so I will be ready to die. Then I get thoroughly drunk at the airport Applebee's and I won't care if you fly me into the closest mountain.

I’d expect free peanuts AND pretzels from you for the mental anguish. I’ll be in the back section with the goats and chickens, next to the lav. What country was this dream of yours in again?

Here’s the scenario...

C'mon now. Fess up. You're thinking about getting an ATP and doing it, aren't you?

Was that TSA agent male or female?
Since it was all a dream, it was a cute Vietnamese gal. In real life, you might not get so lucky.
C'mon now. Fess up. You're thinking about getting an ATP and doing it, aren't you?
Yup. I just wanted to test the waters to see how folks might react when they see me in the captain’s chair.

What, 60 year-olds can be cute. I'm 66 so maybe I'm biased.

I've flown a few times with an FA that's been at the company for over 40 years - she's 60+ and still looks great. She's Asian, so of course she looks significantly younger than she is. ;) Still has a phenomenal attitude and is a joy to fly with, so I always have a twinge of guilt when I make dickish posts about older FAs, but unfortunately she's in the minority.

Is it scary for me to think that you may be my pilot one day?

Somedays its scary to think that I'm my pilot...:D

Amazing how quick one person’s dream becomes another person’s nightmare.

Back